Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to be honest....

k everyone...drum roll...

I have to decided to moderate by drinking at weekends and staying af during the week. My abstaining is beginning to effect my relationship in a negative way.

When I joined mwo my intention was keep my drinking to the weekends so that is what I now intend to do.

I only telling you all now in an attempt to be honest with you all about where my head is now in regards to my alcohol consumption.

Thanks for always been here for me and I hope you will all continue to be .

just to be honest....

best of luck to you in your goals...
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

just to be honest....

Limers, it is not often that you see someone say their relationship has been impacted negatively by abstaining. Just curious as to the driver behind that (sorry if I missed it in an earlier thread) and good luck in attaining your goals.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

just to be honest....

Slimeball, you know I am ALWAYS here for you and with you whichever path you choose.
        Love ya girlie xxx
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

just to be honest....

Thanks you lot...it means alot , im so very fond of you all.

Comment

just to be honest....

limers,

I really respect your honesty and your post! It takes a lot of courage to do that. My goal coming here has been to mod, too, and lately I find myself more AL. I don't know, it's such a weird journey.

Take care, good luck with your new goal,
            Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

just to be honest....

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzcOqv_P-4]YouTube - Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You[/ame]
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

just to be honest....

Thanks Becoming...

And thanks Cy....you and wish are fast becoming some of my great friends!

Comment

just to be honest....

one2many;472832 wrote: To my best friend Limers,

We have become pretty close very quickly and I feel I know you quite well, we have spoken about this on numerous occasions and I know it is not something that you decided on a whim....you have thought about this a lot and have toyed with the idea for a while.

When I joined MWO, we were very similar in our worry about our nightly drinking, albeit, it was not a huge amount but all the same you, like me were worried about the continuity of it all, and wanted to end the daily habit and restrict drinking to the weekends only....

I think you have to be one of the most honest people I know, you have made a decision and I will support you 100% and the reason for that is....because I honestly think that you can make this work....

You have so many friends here and people who want you to do well.....you have given this much thought and deliberation and I am beside you all the way.....

Thanks for being so honest with us all and the very very best of luck...

Love

o2m
                  Oney...im nearly crying now....thank you soo much , I love you girl.:h

Comment

just to be honest....

((((Limers))))

I'm going to talk to my hubby tonite about us doing that. We can't seem to go AF for very long now (we were up to 34 days) but maybe if we can limit it to the weekends we can stay AF during the week. I'm tired of being tired every morning. I can't believe my jaw hasn't broken from all the yawning I've been doing...heck I just yawned as I typed that! :H

Comment

just to be honest....

Hart , we could start a week day abstainers thread...I think theres alot of us here that would love to keep it to the weekends.

Comment

just to be honest....

Good luck with your goals

Wish xx

Comment

just to be honest....

hi limers i am hoping to moderate after my 30 days AF, did you do 30 days? do you mind me asking how much you intend to drink at weekend? my plan for the new year is: mon = AF, tues = AF, weds i bottle only shared with hubby ( he enjoys wine with food only so we will have a nice mid week dinner and catch up) thursday = AF, friday one bottle just for me, saturday = one bottle just for me (he likes red i like white) and then one bottle between us with sunday lunch. i know thats 3 bottles a week but its better then 7+!!!! i dont know if i will achieve this but i do know my hubby loves to cook and enjoys picking a nice wine for us to have with it, he does not have a problem with it as can just enjoy one glass and put the rest away, he doesnt kmow how much i actually get through and is v supportive of this 30 days AF as ive told him its in prep for christmas and too loose a few pounds but if i said i was never going to partake again it would affect our personal life and he has such a passion for fine wine and belongs to a wine club etc etc and yet can leave a glass unfinished if he gets occupied elsewhere - whats that about?? please let me know if your weekend only drinking works and how much you get through, i have tried for so many years saying "wine is for weekends" but i used to leave just a bit in the 2nd bottle on sunday to give me an excuse to drink and buy more monday and so it went on, i would love to be able to moderate and am going to take ODAT for 30 days and then try, what will you do if you find yourself drinking in the week again? how do we control something that controls some of us and not others???? KW xx
                          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

just to be honest....

ps: i am on day 3 now x
                            Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

just to be honest....

I truly wish both of you luck in making it work. God know I tried and tried to find ways to control and enjoy my drinking and couldn't do it but that's the great thing about being individuals - we're all different.
                              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
                              X