Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Rock Bottom

Hello everybody,

It's been a couple months since I posted and I was preaching moderation, vodka is just like tylonal pm and other crazy things. I just wanted all of you to know I was admitted to the hospital last Thursday for liver disease and chronic alcholism. I thought I could tame the beast alone but it took over me. I'm doing better now, on a lot of meds but I've been sober since. Been going to AA which is really a great program if you find the right one. My point being, don't let it get to that point. You will not have known true misery until your there. You mods be honest with yourself, if your seeking support here it means its always on your mind. This a great program and I will be posting again soon to tell of my tails kind of shock an awe. I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't waste you life with that monkey on your back.

Hit Rock Bottom

your only 39! How much did you drink, im so sorry , im hoping you can recover the liver at this stage?

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

Hi Luna,
      So sorry to hear that you have been so ill. I hope you are on the mend and recover to full health soon. This sure is a tricky disease. Truly, it boggles the mind! I have always believed that "Mods" is a slippery slope for most of us. I also think and see from much of what I read here that the term "Mods" is used quite loosely and not in line with the definition given in RJ's book. RJ describes MODS as drinking without compulsion. Being able to take it or leave it. "Being able to treat alcohol like butter, a little is tasty on occasion, but not every day and never in large quantities".

Welcome to the non-drinking life. It is a great way to live!
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

Hi Luna, I am glad you are back. Sometimes it takes something terrible to get us on track again. I look forward to hearing more from you.
        Take care
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

:getwell:

Luna- I wish you luck... and health.
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

Luna, glad that you are getting treatment - it is never to late to start living a sober and happy lifestyle.

Moderation may be an option for those who haven't crossed the line, but for those who have the only real option is abstinence. As you have said, that compulsion can override every other sane thought in our head - even that we are killing ourselves.

Best of luck in your recovery.
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

Hey Luna,
              Thanks for the wake up call for all of us!!! Liver disease is a sneaky thing. not much symptoms until its almost too late, Hopefully not for you!!!!! I just had blood tests done and "secretly" was sweating the liver function tests, of course not being honest with doc. which is wrong and I got good results but it makes me realize how stupid I am for playing this game!!! I need to join AA I think. keep us posted!
              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Hit Rock Bottom

Luna, listen this time, listen well to the medical advice you get. It sounds as if you have a life or death choice to make. There really aren't any grey areas when our bodies say "Enough!" You're in my thoughts and prayers. Please, take this time to assess what you really want your life to be about.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                X