Early Menopause or Panic attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the last several days, during the day and while trying to sleep I've experienced what is either early menopause or panic attacks. I have suffered from panic attacks a few times in my life, but they were more intense and were triggered by concrete events in my life.

What I am experiencing is a feeling of cold running up my body then heat running up my body and I sweat. This is also accompanied by a feeling of dread and anxiety.

They last about 2-3 minutes and while ongoing I don't want to do anything, I feel kinda dazed and have such apprehension.

I finally am tired of it, it's effecting my sleep and my concentration at work. I called my physician and she can see me at 2:30, which is about an hour and a half away. Meanwhile, I told a friend, which helped, talked with my hubby, which also helped and have tried to distract myself anyway I can.

I just wanted to share this with you my friends and also if anyone else has experienced this what were you told?

Thanx :thanks:

Hart, not experienced yet... but I am just waiting.. funny.. something else I am waiting for
    Find a Natural/Organic Products store and talk to them, there are wonderful natural supplements you can take to deal with this period of your life. Better than medication. The next time I go to my favorite All Natural store I will look around.

Comment

Hi Hart - I experienced the same thing when I was detoxing. I thought I was going to die. I got really hot, sweaty hands, twitching eye and I really had to struggle not to faint. I was driving when this first happened to me. My doctor prescribed me diazepam to take when I felt I was going to have another attack, if you have just stopped drinking heavily then I would imagine that is what is happening to you. See your doctor please.
      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Thanx His way and Zeppie.

I am still drinking and I didn't have this reaction when I detox. I am seeing my doc today. And if she doesn't prescribe an rx I will check out a discount health store that happens to be on my way home.

Comment

How are you feeling. I suffer from anxiety at times and can work myself into a real frenzy. It basically sucks to have that doomie, sick kind of feeling.

Check in and let me know whats up,

Sammys

Comment

Hart,

The symptoms you describe sound so much like detox it is scary.

How much are you drinking these days?

And yes. I will believe you if you truly believe it is not related to drinking.

My panic attacks were thus: "heart started pounding, the earth began to whirl around me and I got sick to my stomach"

But, all of us suffer things differently.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of your problem. It sounds like you are going through rough times. Here are some :l:l,

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hart,
              I too have been having what I think are panic atacks -- heart pounding out of my chest, dizziness/lightheaded. What you are describing, though, sounds more hormonal to me. How old are you? Did you see your dr? Please let us know what the outcome was.

Comment

Hi Hart,

It could be anything - detox, anxiety, hearburn, or even a virus - talk to your doctor before you do make yourslef so anxious you freak out.

Cheers
                Cashy
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Well my doc was cool. I went for blood tests to see if it is hormonal or something else. I guess I have slightly elevated blood pressure. Which is weird because I always have had LOW blood pressure. Ah age, aint it grand? Anyway I'm on some kind of blood pressure med now which also has a side effect of calming one. Plus they upped my anti-ds by a pill. I go see her again in 3 weeks so we will see.

Actually, since I've gone I haven't had a "spell" since. Hmm maybe I'm just a hypochondriac that wants attention.... :H

Comment

Hi Hart,

Just a thought... since you mentioned that you are on AD's. Have you told your doc about all the supps you take (if any)? I know that some of the supps I've seen recommended by many on the site here, and some that are sold through the health store here are not compatible with the AD I take. I would think your Dr would have covered that with you, and I have not read through everyone's replies to you on this thread, so sorry if someone already mentioned it.

I read the first part and it didn't sound like what I've experienced with my interesting peri-menopausal fun stuff. My hot flashes came up more gradually. But then we are all different.

concerned,
                    periwinkle
                    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hope this does the trick for you, Hart...

Don

Comment

Hart......IMHO it's both. If I drink on anti-Ds I get the heart pounding and the sweats. And I'm also menopausal.....which gives me lovely sweats. And for me, there's a difference between cold sweats and hot sweats, aka, hot flashes. Can you tell the difference?
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                        X