Sorry, re my meltdown/breakdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to apologise to those to whom I offloaded my problems recently......it all just got too much.......I needed someone to talk to, but I feel a little uncomfortable about it all now.............

Good news is that I`ve finally addressed my worries and am managing to salvage my situation. Am most grateful for all that I have in life.........I no longer want the earth.

I have also finally contacted the counselling service and my sessions should hopefully begin before the festive period........I have a lot of work to do on my inner self.

Am retraining for work in the new year and returning to the workplace after being long-term unemployed. I have been lost for a very long time.

It`s now 15 mnths since I quit drinking. It`s taken me all this time to begin to turn my life around. I`ve cried a river these past few weeks, but the tears have finally stopped. I am on the brink of creating the life I want for myself. Quitting drinking is testimony to the fact that I can do anything to which I set my mind. Am feeling inspired, for want of a better word. I just feel like I`ve finally come alive.

Thanks to all at MWO.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Im happy for you Star...you have worked hard and you deserve things to go your way.

Comment

Star,
      Sropping the al is a mere piece of the hard work that is upon us is this battle. There is so much to be delt with. I KNEW you would be one to figure that out..... I will too...I know it! You don't come this far and NOT get it ALL in order one day. Much love.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Don't worry I've dumped enough manure here to make a horse farm take notice ! ha! That's why were here ! If we can't go to each other , who then !?! LOL IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sounds like you are on the right path!
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Star,

I am so proud of you. You have no idea. You are a true inspiration to me.

You will love working again and feeling like you have some control over your life.

15 months is not that long when you consider how many years we have drank. You are the beautiful swan about to come of age. :l

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

No worries Star
              I have had more than one meltdown on here. Everyone rallied around to help. We are so lucky to have each other.
              I am glad that you are finding your way. They say that alcohol is but a "symptom" of what is really going on with us.
              I will be seeing a therapist soon too. It can't hurt, right? Best wishes.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Well done Starlight!

When you lose sight of who and what you are, its so hard to try and find yourself again. Youve done a lot of work over the last 15 months to get to where to you are today, so give yourself a pat on the back for that.
                You dont need to apologise for offloading - that is what we are here for.
                You were there for me when I needed help even though you were struggling with your own demons. If I can be of any help to you at any time, then Im here.
                You just keep on going, and starting work training will help you restore your self esteem and only help you to feel better and better.

Comment

Dearest Star,
                  Why is it that just before a major breakthrough we seem to experience a breakdown of sorts? It it to open up more space for all the brilliance to shine in? I can tell you that this past year has been a lot like that for me.........You are such a dear one, and yes, you have inspired me many, many times.

Sounds like the rest of the world better make way for you in 2009!!

xxxKate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Star, I am delighted for you. Isnt it wonderful when things start to make sense at last?
                    You should never apologise for offloading here. Thats what this site is for, to get well again.
                    Good luck Star, I am so happy to hear your news x
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Star

You don't have any need to apologize for sure. I think counseling will really help you if you find the right person.

We all struggle from time to time, seeking input from others. Women especially. A good counselor will help you to see you have that power within you and maybe you won't feel guilty taking the counselor's time because they get paid for it.

Here, I think people fiind it therapeutic personally to help others and others like to give back once they are on the other side. Still others might identify with you. And others might be failing and respond in a different way.

So stop apologizing!

Nancy

Comment

Oh Star I am sorry I have not been around, but well done, it sound slike life is looking, if not "up" then different!
                        You set such a great example - don't forget that.
                        Cashy
                        xxxxx
                        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

(((Star)))) :l

Comment

Star, I can so no reason whatsoever for you to apologize, you were not abusive or mean to anyone, you just stated your pain the best way you could. I am so glad you are doing better!

wip

Comment

Glad you're feeling better, hon.....:l

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X