Army thread 21st Nov 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Take care of yourself Ruby and most of all...ENJOY!!! I'll be thinking of you. We'll start the holiday recipe posting next week, okay?
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

OK all the food talk got me terribly hungry, as usual, so I fixed a quick wonderful breakfast this morning. Cut a piece of whole wheat bread to fit the bottom of a very small (4 inch by 4 inch) shallow baking dish. Buttered the bread some, on both sides. Stirred up two eggs with maybe 1/4 a cup of half-and-half, and added some herbs and cheese. Poured egg mixture onto bread and baked at around 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, till the egg mixture was set. Fabulous. I think I'll use that one a lot.

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

WIP, that wounds like a nice breakfast idea. Could even add some fresh veggies
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Absolutely, I keep frozen vegetables in the fridge all the time, usually cook too much for one meal, and will throw leftovers in the mix. Little quiche things, or little bread souffle thingies! It's hard to keep a lot of fresh vegetables around. When I am living alone I end wasting too much, when I buy a lot of fresh vegetables... Need to learn to buy smaller amounts.

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

yup, Oney, just use some olive oil instead of butter.... I hope you don't hate olive oil???

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

I was thinking mushrooms and peppers myself. Also, I have some garlic chives still growing in the herb garden along with some opal basil. It's so pretty!
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Going out the door. Love the way this thread smells! LOL I use EVOO on everything too. I could likve on grilled chicken, steamed vegs, brown rice, eggs, & homemade bread. With herbs added you can make anything. Hope to soon be taking you along with me on my trips! Good for you, Oney, lay off those chippers!!!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Almost forgot, Evie is on way to brother's side, as is ex and girlfriend. He's in ICU. She's worried about the interactions! Asked for our thoughts and prayers. He doesn't sound as tho he'll be here long.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Ruby, thanks for the update on Evielou and her brother :wings:
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Well dinner isn't that exciting for me. Jacket potato with chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in smoked bacon. I'm on baby sitting duty tonight and she is teething! Oh joy!

Oney still no joy on the insurance quote. It runs out in the morning so gonna get back onto them yet again. It's costing me a fortune in phone calls.

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Wish, dinner sounds nice!
                        A teething baby, not so nice...LOL!! We went through that this summer with Apple Juice, our grandson. We kept alot of things in the frig for him to chew on. Don't freeze things, just keep them cold as frozen things can become punctured. I hope that helps :h
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Thanks LTG will try that tonight with her.

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

They have to tranfser my no claims bonus across as they messed it up when quoting my renewal prem. They said a teamleader has to do it but surly it doesn't take all this time!! Gonna call them once the baby has settled and play hell with them.

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

Best of luck on that, Wish! I don't like auto insurance peeps. They are soooooo slow@
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Army thread 21st Nov 08

i'm off to make dinner so will speak to you all later x

Comment

Working...
                                X