X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello old friends (and new ones!)

Hiya,
    How's it all going??
    Congrats on the election BTW - took the day off work to watch - and for those who didn't vote Obama i'm sure he's going to be quite moderate, not the "S" word at all - stoln joke item from Colbert Report.
    Anyway, am still battling the bipolar, have a new doc who's a Prof at the Uni here and a lithium expert and am sowly getting "well" - I think it will take a lifetime but I have always been the impatient type (hence the diagnosis I guess!!!).
    Anyway just dropping in to say hello, and also have a personal reason - to keep drinking in track as the silly season approaches as those manic moods start to rear their ugly heads due to fatigue, shopping (love it though - just too mucc sometimes!).
    I have found myself lately slipping back into bad old habits which my P-doc recognises as "mixed states" - what a classic derscription!!!
    So hoping ot catch up with all the golden oldies left here as we enter the season of drinking yourself silly....
    Cheers
    Cashy
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Welcome bak Cashy!
    I always thought it was a mistake for you to leave...

Comment

Hey Cashy! Great to "see" you again. Glad to hear you are making progress and hope to hear more from you.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hey Cashy
        Life IS a journey isn't it........
        Mood swings are a part of it...hang in!
        Love,
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey Cashy,
          Great to see ya,
          Was just thinking about the silly season myself...Hope its not too silly this time...Welcome back
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Welcome back Cashy! Looking forward to getting to know you. The worst thing about the silly season for me is the dreaded 'works do'.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Welcome back Cashy!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Greetings Cashy

I'm new to this site. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks nearly 30 yrs ago for manic depression....now caled bipolar. One of the most helpful things I've found over the years is exercise, particularly running.

Lot's of people have had success with running and I know there's documentation out there regarding running and this illness.

I've remianed reasonably sane through all these years....some may disagree, including my ex wife and possibly my current wife.

I'm here now to explore the possiblity of quitting drinking all together. The older I get the more of a nuisance drinking has become. I joined this site last Saturday after drinking too much on Friday night.

I did go to a business meeting this week and had some wine and snacks. But, other than that no booze this week. I think I'll try for an AF Thanksgiving....as you all probably knoe holidays are tough.

Comment

BTW

I was a precinct captain, a county delegate and a state delegate for Barack Obama. I also had the opportunity to be at his speech in Denver.

Needless to say I was very pleased with his victory. It won't be easy, but if anybody has a shot at trying to heal this crippled country he does and I believe he will.

Comment

Cashy!!!!!! Nice to see you back
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Hi Cashy!!

So good to see you!! You have been missed.

Yes! We have elected Barak Obama, a gentleman and a scholar and life is looking brighter for Uncle Sam!

Thank you for keeping track of us! I hope to see more of you!

xxxKate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hey Cashy! I remember you, well as one bipolar to another, keep it stable! :H

Comment

Fab to see you back, Cashy.

No, no, no!!!!!........you got it wrong, dear........`tis the season to be jolly, NOT "the season to drink ourselves silly" :H

Stick around and we`ll all stay sober together. :l

Star x
                          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words...and you are so right star - jujst jolly will do - it's just difficult with the bipolar swinging me round all over the place. At least hubbya nd I now know it's the agitation state that makes me wanna drink like a fish - it makes me calmer...so need to work on that big time.
                            Running - hmmmm - I reckon i'd need to give up the cigs for that - can't walk without killing myself!!
                            Anyway, great to catch up and i'm sure i'll be popping in as the season progresses
                            read back on my post - I am addicted to spell check - no spell check it looks like my 10 year old typed it!!
                            Cashy
                            xxxx
                            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Nice to meet you Cashy
                              Welcome Letgo
                              Look forward to getting to know you both.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X