What is inflammed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is inflammed?

Something internal in my left to mid-middle backside is inflammed...I think. Sometimes it's an uncomfortable pressure and other times it feels sort of electric...like it's having an electric spasm.

Back when I had a case of AL Hepatitis, the right side was doing it. This makes me think Liver, but I've yet to hear or read little of anything to indicate the Liver would cause this...I even asked my Doc and he said it was probably a back muscle.

They say Hepatitis causes tenderness in the abdomen, but rarely have I read where you would feel anything inside your back ribcage.

Anyone experienced this? Or any educated answers or theories?

Or, point me to a member who might...

Thanks!

What is inflammed?

I'll see if I can find anything on the web...I do sleep in a recliner a lot.

Thanks for your input. :thanks:

Comment

What is inflammed?

I've given up self-diagnoses--I always think I'm dying! If it continues more than 3 days, gets worse, or you have fever, see a medical professional. It's the only way to really know. Probably less than you think, but you'll feel better.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What is inflammed?

Thanks Gia and Ruby...

Ruby, I get the same way. Just for the record, if it were a "sick" organ, I would have other symptoms, right? What might they be just so I can rest okay.

Comment

What is inflammed?

Feb, Hello to you... I'm wondering if it could be your kidneys/kidney. I never had spasms, but after particularly heavy, prolonged drinking sessions, i would get an ache in the rear of both sides of my back...felt like internal organ stuff to me.... it went away, so never got it checked out.... I might be way off the mark here? but get it checked out now maybe an 'all points' blood test?....G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What is inflammed?

Left side, not much comes to mind but muscle problems. Sometimes there's referred pain, but you prob would have other symptoms, as you said. Feel better, let us know, OK. And see a doc if you don't feel better. Our heads can make us even sicker!
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What is inflammed?

G's kidney idea very good. Blood test is simple, as well as urinalysis, and can tell lots.
              sigpic

Comment

What is inflammed?

True Rubes....and good to see ya!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What is inflammed?

Guitarista,

I had that same God awful experience as well as this... I know exactly what you are talking about. It was near constant pain.

This is different. It's more of a dull pressure and sometimes gets spasmodic like there's a slight electric current involved, which does lead me to believe pinched nerve. They do conduct electricity or the like, after all. Don't they?

I agree Ruby, when can think ourselves into all sorts of maladies. I choose to believe this is not one as I have no accompanying symptoms ( fingers crossed ).

Lovin' the support!

Comment

What is inflammed?

Take care. I have to live around medical appointments, vow to be stronger and healthier from here on. Cold is very hard tho. Let me know what gives, OK. I'll be gone after noon today EST (USA) til Sunday night or Mon, so, I'll look when I get back. Feel better!
                    Rubes
                    sigpic

Comment

What is inflammed?

Thanks Rubywillow.

Comment

What is inflammed?

Feb, yesterday while running I had something similar happen....although it happened 3 times then stopped. Electric zippy feeling down right side of my lower back into my legs, thought I was going to fall down. I assumed it was a pinched nerve and it hasn’t happened again. Let us know what you find out. Nat
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

What is inflammed?

Left side makes me think pancreas... a very vulnerable organ to alcohol (just as much as the liver). Not to get you all whipped into a worry frenzy, but if you have a feeling it is an internal organ, it would make sense. However, if you don't have any pain in the abdomen (front side) it seems unlikely to be the pancreas. Pancreatitis symptoms are usually pain in the upper left abdomen, sometimes accompanied by pain in the corresponding area of the back. So, if you have no abdominal pain, it seems unlikely.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                          X