1967, Dingbat, Doggygirl, Jinja, Popeye, River, Spanish, Starts, Sweetpea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1967;476473 wrote: thanks for the info... now i would NEVER look in the body building section, so i appreciate the tip! and suggestions on a good brand?
    i'm not real keen to order via the internet the Kudzu due to freight costs.
    i will get a quote though... generally freight is 2x the cost of the product.
    i want the supplements for when i start feeling over confident again, which i am sure will come to pass.
    i am aspiring to a more balanced me. i've been quite depressed lately and don't want to take anti depressants. it's just a vicious cycle... i so need to feel positive. i have done a lot for myself the past 4.5 months, i know life will get easier, right?
    Oh yes, it will get easier. I was severely depressed until I gave up drinking, I do take prozac too.
    If I was you, I would get into the habit of taking the supps now regularly, then the transition will be smoother i.e. from drinker to non drinker. You will have tools in your system from the start.
    Keep working at happiness and sobriety, make that you goal. It will work I promise
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I agree with Satartingover, the supplements (and good eating nutritionally) will help you so much to feel better and therefore also not get cravings. Whenever I slack on my supps and diet, I start getting vicious cravings.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hahahaha! Busted lurking! :H Nothing new here ~ still fuming from hubby's drunk weekend. Trying to calm down. Bought the book "The Love Dare" but I'm too mad to read it.
        Thanks for checking ~ hope all is well!
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

startingover;476481 wrote: Oh yes, it will get easier. I was severely depressed until I gave up drinking, I do take prozac too.
          If I was you, I would get into the habit of taking the supps now regularly, then the transition will be smoother i.e. from drinker to non drinker. You will have tools in your system from the start.
          Keep working at happiness and sobriety, make that you goal. It will work I promise
          well i had pretty much given up alcohol. and then someone poisoned my dog, this is the second time. that was on oct. 28th. unfortunately this is very common here. americans tend not to believe it, but it's 100% fact. all the veternarians are aware of the problem, they even have a vaccine if you catch it early enough. anyhow, then i drank a few times and thought, who cares? but i can't go on like this. i think having the supplements in my system will indeed be a good defense, i hope? i was thinking about topamax but i am nervous about the side effects. i bought a vespa and must be clear headed when i drive. i live in the caribbean and the driving here is, lets just say in the best of circumstances, above average dangerous.
          it takes me a couple of months to get used to the prozac too so ... if i can avoid these and take a natural route this is a better idea. i will try. i take the 5-htp and it does help.
          what i'm bad about is eating and drinking regularly.
          i don't seem to get hungry or thirsty until it's too late.
          so i am working on this...

Comment

thanks for your post beatle... i guess there is a lot to learn about sobriety... who would have figured it would be complicated? drink or not to drink?
            not that simple.
            hearing where others are having trouble is really good for me. makes me feel less alone in this struggle.

Comment

river0123;476523 wrote: Hahahaha! Busted lurking! :H Nothing new here ~ still fuming from hubby's drunk weekend. Trying to calm down. Bought the book "The Love Dare" but I'm too mad to read it.
              Thanks for checking ~ hope all is well!
              River, that must be really hard. My hubby doesn't like going out drinking with anyone unless I can go as well.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yeah, mine dragged his boss home at 2am. The kids and I were camping out in the living room. I was embarrassed - hair up in pony, no makeup, raggy sleep shirt. Never met the guy and hubs drags him in for a drink, turns on all the lights, etc. I am feeling lots of hate right now and it's icky. Doesn't help that he is home today.

So I'm going shopping. See ya!:H

Comment

Hi River, My hub got drunk a while ago now,( he drinks but not much usually) and I found it HORRIFIC!!! I was so upset about it, yet all the times he has looked after me??? How does that work I wonder ?

Comment

Ooooh River, that is mean of your hubby. Make him suffer!!!!! :-)

Comment

river0123;476550 wrote: Doesn't help that he is home today.
                      Is he home because he's still hungover?! :H
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

No, he's got the day off. Yesterday he took three naps. Right on the living room floor, as neighbor kids were in in out. How embarrassing. At least when I drank and was hungover, I kept is to myself. He pours drinks and stumbles around, makes jokes about how drunk he got and how bad he feels. I was always too ashamed of drinking, I'd always be telling him not to brag about our drinking problem. I'd hate if the neighbor kids couldn't come over because they know he's drinking and then tell their parents. It's just so shameful.
                        I just feel like this is not the life I'm meant to live. I feels dragged down...
                        But, tomorrow will be wonderful as he heads off to work.

Comment

startingover;476552 wrote: Hi River, My hub got drunk a while ago now,( he drinks but not much usually) and I found it HORRIFIC!!! I was so upset about it, yet all the times he has looked after me??? How does that work I wonder ?
                          I made my hubby ill once because he was keeping up with my vodka drinking. I felt bad, especially as I didn't wake up to him being sick in the bathroom. I'd had a fair bit more (had been sneaking those extra ones in, you know, as you do) and was out cold. He woke up with a dreadful hangover and I was absolutely fine.

Comment

Is he an alkie River?

Comment

Vlad I expect that showed you something about your own drinking didnt it?
                              I was the chucker and hungover person in our relationship :-)

Comment

startingover;476552 wrote: Hi River, My hub got drunk a while ago now,( he drinks but not much usually) and I found it HORRIFIC!!! I was so upset about it, yet all the times he has looked after me??? How does that work I wonder ?
                                Yeah, I feel a little bad that I can't be more forgiving...I was reading last night in the Love Dare that we allow ourselves to be flawed but expect perfection in our spouse. Although I'm not really seeking perfection, just some quiet at 2am.

Comment

Working...
                                X