do the supplements really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, not sure how many times I have started over,... but here we go again. Last week I went three days where I didn't even feel like wine. Made some tea each night and felt great. This week has been a bear though. I did receive my supplement kit today. Will start tomorrow. Who else has done the supplements? do they really work? I so hope so. Been crying most of the night tonight so it will be another day of swollen eyes tomorrow. So tired of this insanity. Trying hard to do something different so as to get a different result!!!
    Another pity party for me!!!
    Hanging on!

Hiya biscuit,
    No more pity parties eh? Positive thinkng will see you through.
    Supps? I take them, I take Kudzu and lglut 600mg and 2000mg respectively twice a day every day. I also take gaba and true calm to help with any anxiety.
    This is what works for me, plus a determination that I want to succeed. Al is a depressant, so once it is out of your system you will feel better.
    Good luck and keep posting!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thanks starting over. you are right, no more pity parties. I'm off to bed. looking forward to starting my supps tomorrow. thanks for the pep talk!
      Hanging on!

Comment

you are very welcome :-) Sleep well!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Most definitely they work. I take 2x 1000mg l-glut twice a day and more as needed. I usually take one just before I go out just as a precaution. You cant overdose on them as far as I know! Also if you get a bad craving just break it into your mouth. That really helps.
          BH

Comment

The suppliments really work a treat for me. I take the Kudzu, Evening Primrose, L-Glut (when needed) and a whack of vitamins.
            Good on you for taking the next step!
            Hope today is a better day for you.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Deebee
              I am starting to think you are a sex maniac!
              BH

Comment

Yes, I think so. Still takes hard work, but they help a lot.
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Supplements have made all the difference in the world for me. I have tried everything and quit hundreds of times, but until I started getting serious about supplements (strict regime with lots of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and all the other stuff mentioned above (l-glutamine, True Calm, Kudzu occasionally)-- I never made it past a week AF.

With supplements (and a concentrated effort to eat well), it has been easier to quit (withdrawal much less uncomfortable) I feel much better and have much less cravings. I usually go for a few weeks on the supps and when I slip, it's always because I have started slacking on my supps. No more slacking!

You can do this id!
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

There was an interesting article in Entertainment magazine this week with Robert Downey Jr. He takes tons of vitamins and supplements as part of his plan to stay sober & drug free. The article ended with a question of whether they worked, and he said "I'm alive aren't I? What more proof could you want?".

I think it's great that the article began and ended with his table full of supps. I hope it gives home to millions that there are things we can do to help our bodies in this battle.

And oh yeah, they work for me. I wish the same for you!
                    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Hi,
                      I was taking some supps for a while. Milk Thistle and a multi vit tablet. I found Milk Thistle very good for cleansing the system. I could catually feel a difference almost immediately. I'll need to get some more. Also I take Greens+. It's a mixture of about 40 different ingredients, all natural. Good stuff.
                      I hope you find some success witht your supps routine. Every little helps.

Comment

Yes the supplements work. I found L-Glut and Kudzu to be the most beneficial to me. Take them as directed and you will see great results.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

But don't forget all the vitamins, minerals and aminos, too. Your body needs them desperately and you will feel so much better if you take them regularly (and eat well!).
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                          X