Army thread 25th November 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Cy, you know your own mind and we will all be here for you one way or the other.

Comment

YouTube - This Is England - trailer
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

One , we all love you...wait and see how you feel in ny and for gods sake , its a holiday of a lifetime , dont be stressing over it.

Comment

Cy, Limers, of course we will be there for her and with her, one way or the other.

With all respect and affection for you both... I don't think it helps much to tell people that they will just "know" what is the right thing to do; the problem is that they are torn, they feel divided, there are arguments going on in their heads. When I started drinking again after 3 years sober, I thought I "knew" the "right" thing to do. I was totally wrong. I drank because I wanted to drink, and found a way to talk myself into believing it was OK. All alcoholics have these arguments in their head and we can always find a way to rationalize our way back into drinking...

wip

Comment

But Oney I see we cross posted and you have decided you want to hear and say no more about it... OK.

I'll shut up about it.

Comment

Ray winston is awsome in this film. Its about an abusive husband, drugs, alcohol and living on a rough council estate.
              [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ae7lVqhinM]YouTube - Nil by Mouth - Ray's Rage[/ame]
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

A Work in Progress;477752 wrote: Cy, Limers, of course we will be there for her and with her, one way or the other.

With all respect and affection for you both... I don't think it helps much to tell people that they will just "know" what is the right thing to do; the problem is that they are torn, they feel divided, there are arguments going on in their heads. When I started drinking again after 3 years sober, I thought I "knew" the "right" thing to do. I was totally wrong. I drank because I wanted to drink, and found a way to talk myself into believing it was OK. All alcoholics have these arguments in their head and we can always find a way to rationalize our way back into drinking...

wip
                ok wip, point taken:l

Comment

right , putting the kids to bed and will be back on later...

Comment

Hell of a clip, Cy! Scary! Somehow it reminded me of this one:

[ame= ]YouTube - Landlord Will Ferrel Pearl Original[/ame]

Comment

Evening all, Just been reading through the post and Oney i just wanted to say i know i've only been here a short time but i can see your a strong person, so stay strong girlie xx

I've just had a lovely bath and Cy cooked me dinner earlier. Going to chill now with a banana and toffee dessert.

Comment

All right I promised not to talk about this any more, but I SO disagree with your last post, Oney...

"Being strong" does NOT mean not having thoughts about drinking. "Being strong" means working on a program to overcome alcohol dependence DESPITE and ALONG WITH and WHILE having thoughts and impulses about drinking. And part of a good program involves talking about it all the thoughts and all the obstacles.

You have been and you are incredibly strong. And I'll be your friend regardless of what you do in New York (well.... don't kill anybody, OK?). I just don't want others here to think they should not talk about it when they are having impulses or thoughts about drinking.

What causes problems is when people are talking on AF threads about how much they are enjoying their drinking. That's what causes problems. On AF threads, or other threads, people on MWO should be talking about their struggles... or else what is this place here for?

Comment

Nil by mouth was a really good film. Not for the faint hearted mine as it's an upsetting film with alot of violence.

Comment

Thanks for that cymru - I get what you are saying. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of violence in my own adult life and it's a hard basket subject! My 18 year old son can screen it for me - I'll get it out for him and he can let me know if I'd be able to handle it lol. Well, I am off to work for a few hours, blessings and healthy happy to sobriety to all. For those who are struggling, hang in there, bad times are a-passing. For those who are slipping, keep in touch - we all start our sober walk somewhere, sometime.
                            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

have a good day Kapo!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Heres a Crimbo video for you all. Remember terrahawks!!!?
                                [ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq8nf_terrahawks-christmas-miracle-1_fun]Dailymotion - TERRAHAWKS Christmas Miracle #1, a video from NilbogLAND. TERRAHAWKS, Christmas, Gerry, Anderson[/ame]
                                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                                X