• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 25th November 2008

my fav song of christmas is East 17 , stay another day

Comment

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jLfCjlYD0]YouTube - East 17 stay another day[/ame]
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Nice lumberjacket outfit mate!
        Sing it loud and proud Limey!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

tHANKS CY...YOURE THE BEST!

Comment

I'm off to bed now. Have another busy day in work tmr, up at 6am.

Night all xx

Comment

Sweet Dreams all.
              Nos Da x
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Morning guys
                I thought we decided that we could talk about drinking on this thread. Wasnt that the whole point of take the AF off the Army thread so that those who were trying to be AF, those who were modding and those who still drinking could all feel comfortable posting on this thread and it wouldnt upset anyone. If we cant talk about drinking what is the point. I mean we dont always need to talk about it but when we do we should be able to. Thats what I thought anyway.
                Oney you cant hide away forever you are going to have to face your fears and get out there and just do it! It know how hard it is to stick to your plan (whatever it may be) especially on holidays and especially with other drinkers and paddies at that! That was my fear going to OZ that I wouldnt be strong enough to resist the social pressure. So I just said up front that I was not drinking and once I had put it out there then I had to stick to it as I would have looked like a total dick if I gave in and had a drink. The problem is that you will get bored when others are drinking and you are not especially once they start repeating themselves and invading your personal space! And you can only eat so many chips so you might actually have to go home on your own hop into bed and look forward to shopping the next day. You could try and get them to drink in the hotel you are actually staying in if possible or even to get them back there early so that you can go to bed if you get bored and then you can come on the hotel internet and talk to us! Once you get the first night over you will be fine. God it is scary though isnt it!
                BH

Comment

Greetings all. Like BH, I believe it is vital that all members are able to speak about whatever it is they are going through pertaining to their addiction/drinking/whatever. Drinking or recovering, we have all been through the bloody awful bit, which is why we are here in the first place. Experience, Strength and Hope are the essentials we impart to one another, and I certainly feel nothing but empathy for those still drinking and posting, and gratitude that I am not today. A support group is about SUPPORT, if we were all CURED, what would be the point, we would all talk about the weather and our favourite brand of coffee.....(By the way, the weather here is AWESOME at last! We have had plenty of days of rain for far toooo long!) Anyway, I have had a blissful, anxiety-free sober day, and that is a miracle. Thank you one and all
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hiya Wally - nice to meet you too! I guess for me the bottom line is honesty! I have been AF many times over the past 15 years, getting 6 months here, 3 months there, etc...I know the importance of keeping in touch no matter what state I am in! I isolate and suffer guilt and shame terribly when I am in a "relapse" - I just thank God that today I am sober and serene, the demon alcohol has lost another battle against me today. Bless!
                    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                    X