Renewal is returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewal is returning

Hi folks, this is Renewal. I was here a few months ago and really, had a wonderful experience. I started up a thread (Newbies Unite & Newbies Nest) which went extremely well. I even went 31 days AF for the 1st time in many many years. To make a long story short, I wanted to try and moderate for a while as I don't feel completely ready to go AF the rest of my life. Well, my moderation has been lacking......I'm not doing 'terrible, just not as well as I'd like.......I'm a bit 'out of touch' as I've been gone a while. Would love it if anybody could reccommend me to any threads that might help me with my moderation attempts. I appreciate your help and it's good to be back. Happy Thanksgiving as well!!!

Renewal is returning

hey Renewal
    Hey lots of people were asking for you while you were away. It really does help to stay close to the site no matter how well you are doing and no matter what your plan or goals as other people's experiences good and bad help you keep focused each day. Anyway welcome back you were missed.
    BH

Comment

Renewal is returning

There's the "mod squad" daily thread....

Comment

Renewal is returning

Hi renewal,

Welcome! or welcome back... but I'm kinda new here so I probably wasn't here when you were here before. As WIP said, the mod squad is in the Long term moderation area and we start a new thread every week. Please join us. I find it to be a very supportive group. It has been a bit slow this week starting out I think people are gearing up for the Thanksgiving holiday.

If you want, you can PM me too. I am sure there are others you can PM as well.

Hope to see you there!

periwinkle
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Renewal is returning

Hi Renewal, how strange is that? I was just wondering about you yesterday!
          Yes the newbies thread was great for me when I first started.
          Like the others have said, there are a number of choices for you and they are all great.
          Welcome back!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Renewal is returning

Welcome, Renewal:
            Please do join us on the Mod Squad weekly thread, under Long Term Moderation. You sound like where I was last summer. No where near where I was when I came here, but still feeling too many cravings. Moderation is a learned skill, not one that just happens after significant AF time (2.5 months for me). There are all levels of moderation, but I and some others continue to work on consuming less alcohol, not drinking just because it is the weekend and that is our habit. The rules and goals people have developed are very interesting, and do enable less consumption. So join us, and open your mind to continued learning.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Renewal is returning

:yay: RENEWAL!!!!
              So Great to have you Back!! You have made my day. Happy Thanksgiving to you. It will be an AF one at my house, and everybody is cool with that.:l
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Renewal is returning

Yes, you are very welcome to join us on the Mod Squad thread!
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Renewal is returning

I missed you Renewal!! The Newbie Thread was a life saver for me and you were always encouraging and so full of support for us.

Like many have suggested before, come and join us on the Mod Squad thread -- I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Renewal is returning

hey

Hello there and thank you for the 'welcome back wishes'..............I truly appreciate your support and kindness. I will be visiting a couple threads after Thanksgiving to see where I'll fit best. Ironic how I saw 'Newbies Nest' posted just a few minutes ago........I had to go and visit there of course. I may try to 'get it going ' again too if people are okay with that.....anyhow, thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
                    Renewal

Comment

Working...
                    X