Holiday Traditions ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Traditions ????

OK...Jimmy Buffet's Christmas CD got me in the mood.I am ready to deck the hall's with boughs of holly.
    I would love to hear about your holiday traditions.We are such a wonderful mix of cultures.I think it would be fascinating to know the different ways we all celebrate.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Holiday Traditions ????

Evie, altho we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in SA, and I have never understood what it's all about but after chatting to friends here that will be celebrating it, I made the decision that I am going to make a special dinner tomorrow night and the family will sit down and have dinner together (instead of in front of the TV). It will be a time to reflect on all that we are grateful for.

BTW I just love Jimmy B!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

I wish you a great day(even if it is not Thanksgiving for you)That's a very touching idea Dee.I remember the feeling of family sharing conversation as being the BEST part of holiday dinners.I still set a place at the table for Grandpa and recall all the great memories we had together.OMG I have to play the Perry Como album for Grandpa tomorrow.

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

Christmas panto time....

hes behind you...
        oh no hes not!

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

oh! oh!

late late toy show....every christmas we all watch it , kids stay up late , its on from 9.30 till 11.30pm and shows all the hot toys for kids this season. We order pizza and ben and jerrys ice cream and cover ourselves in a king size duvet and roast chestnuts by the open fire....

ok, im joking about the chestnuts!!

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

[ame= ]YouTube - late late toy show-mcfly[/ame]

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

Oh Limers..You had me smelling those roasting chestnuts.

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

Who was that guy that got flying lessons???He maybe be running Virgin Airlines TODAY ???

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

are you stuck somwhere Evie??

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

not up a chimney I hope??

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

I am STUCK...The chimney might be the perfect place to hide???

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

We watch "It's a wonderful life" movie. We know all the lines, but i still cry when I hear the bell at the end.
                        We eat fish or seafood on Chritmas Eve and Beef on Christmas Day. We open our presents at Midnight.. wait by the tree, sometimes we don't make it until Midnight, cheat a little.
                        On New Year's Eve we stand on a chair as the bell rings midnight and eat 12 raisins in the last 12 seconds of the year. The chair is to elevate ourselves in the New Year.. not sure about the raisins. My daughters are older now and they go out for New Year's, but they pack a little bag with the 12 raisins, they stand up on whatever they can find and eat the 12 raisins. It's cool and it makes me smile they want to keep this tradition.

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

I put up several small trees yesterday and found ornaments that my kids made when they were little.
                          I was doing an all BLUE theme this year but I used every one of theirs ANYWAY....TRADITION RULES !!!

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

And we all sat down to feast on "Roast Beast", wait that's the Who's ......Grinch......ha! Wrong delution. Ha! IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Holiday Traditions ????

We always open one present on Christmas Eve. My kids are still little, so I'm searching for a family tradition thing. It would be nice to see them carry one on, like WFHWO's kids still do.
                              MM

Comment

Working...
                              X