Made it to Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to Day 4

Well, so many of you have offered great and comforting advice and encouragement. I am officially on day 4 with thanks to all who have been so helpful. We will see how today goes but must say Day 3 was much better than Day 2 which was my worst.

However, it is the late afternoon, early evening when it seems to be the worst. Not just cravings but symptoms of withdrawal. Have slept with the help of small dose of Ativan (0.5 mg) last 2 nights which I know must help ward off the other symptoms. I am crazy when I don't sleep. I didn't even need the Ativan on Day 3 for anxiety. Hopefully not today either. I know it can be addicting - so don't need another thing to worry about. Using it very cautiously.

On the down side - no change in my appearance - still bloated, red patchiness on face, still overweight (well, yeah), eyes not white & clear and still look not great. Hoping after one month signs will start to show of progress. You know us Americans/humans - I stopped drinking 4 days ago I want to reverse 5 years of damage in 5 days and pronto!

Preparing for Thanksgiving - going in with drinking not an option - way too early and fragile to consider. Have my melodrama practiced and prepared.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Yankee friends and to all my other friends Happy Thursday! I have not gone 4 days without drinking in 5 years. This is a great program!
    "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Made it to Day 4

4 days is GREAT! And caution with Ativan is smart. You are going to be feeling SO much better, very soon! I hope T-Giving is fun... not sure about your "melodrama" that you are practicing, though???

Why not start posting in the daily AF thread in Monthly ABS (or maybe you are already doing so?)? It's a great place to check in every day, see how everyone else is doing, and get some good support and ideas.

wip

Comment

Made it to Day 4

good holiday to u as well!
      am a displaced yank i would say.
      anyhow, hang tight!

Comment

Made it to Day 4

Excellent!
        Keep it up. It gets better and better...
        Stay strong.

Comment

Made it to Day 4

It does get better and better. And, you will be looking better soon too...you just wait.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Made it to Day 4

WIP - I will post there - you know this is all new for me - where to post progress. No real melodrama - just going to my very melodramtic in-laws with a LARGE cast of colorful characters - really a hodge podge of crazy people and fun people and just?????
            "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

Made it to Day 4

That is excellent C&C, 4 days is a real achievement. Hope you have a wonderful Thanks giving xx

Comment

Made it to Day 4

Yes, now it mostly gets better, at least physically. You will probably also notice yourself looking better within a couple weeks. My hair started to get all thick and shiny after about 10 days. Probably also because I was takkng so many supps-- the Bs are great for alcohol recovery AND hair and nails, the GLA (evening primose oil) is also great for that and skin, too. So take your supps religiously, and they will help you in many many ways. Your body will literally show its appreciation.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                X