Army Thread 27th November 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wouldn't believe the pic of hubby, that I just took!!He's in a kilt, wear a viking hat with Blondie braids.We are sending it out to our family with a warning...Caution this is what may happen when a Scotsman marries a Swede...
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

HSJ, my first post was like yours, i just jumped in some place and started posting. You've jumped in with some good people. To start a new thread, go to the top of the page in General or Starting and click on New Thread. Then you can start your own thread. Also, you can go to My Story. Tell us as much or as little as you go about your self. This place can work, but it takes work. There are wonderful, crazy, caring people here. You are young, your children are young, and you are right. You're going to lose it all if you don't do everything you can to get better. It's not as easy as your husband thinks, 'don't you love us enough' never works. Tell us what's going on. Talk to someone BEFORE you drink, OK. You can't shock, scare, repulse anyone here. We've been there. Let's work on this together.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Evie.Lou;479325 wrote: You wouldn't believe the pic of hubby, that I just took!!He's in a kilt, wear a viking hat with Blondie braids.We are sending it out to our family with a warning...Caution this is what may happen when a Scotsman marries a Swede...
        Evie, that's too much! LMAO!!!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

anyone still up?
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I am stuffed and can't move....the cheesecake did me in.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Also stuffed and can't move. The entire family passed out. Patrick says he will say Hello tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great day.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome Mommy
                It sounds to me like your pain is great enough, and you are ready to change your life. It is very difficult to get started, but you can do it. I suggest you formulate a plan and set a date. Get your physician on board if possible. I use all of the tools available to me. The MWO program, AA, my doc, and a therapist. Welcome to your new life.:l
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome Mommy - hope you're hanging in there and hi LTG, thinking of you and your GD just now. Got my Naltrex prescript 2day, can't get it til tomorrow - I am the first person in my district to have ever had it, so they have to order it LOL... One way of making a name for myself, sorry Edmund Hilary - I ain't climbing your Everest, but this certainly has been a mountain (of shit) of my own! Anyone up? Probably not in the Northern - but I am home now for a few hours so if anyone wants to say hi, please do!
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hi K
                    Do you know whether Dr's prescribe topomax in NZ? Someone asking on the other thread. Glad you got your script - you be all excited now. How did you get them to give the naltrexone to you? Did you suggest it or did your Dr?
                    BH

Comment

Hey BH - hope your cruisin'! Not sure about topa - never heard of it until this site. As for Naltrex, the hospital suggested it to me as a "guinea pig" gesture, being the first person on the Coast to give it a go...my mum wanted to put me on it 6 years ago, but I guess I was not ready. Basically, you see, I am a recidivist relapser (!!) and I am 40 years old now (going on 16 when drinking) and my pattern of drinking is SO serious, that they thought I would be a good case study. The great thing about it is, it will be mostly a "back -stoop" I won't be drinking on it like some people do (I do AA). It is really to save my life, and that is not an exaggeratoin. My alcoholism has progressed to chronic, and because you can't see it in me (I look really normal, hold down good jobs etc etc) it has been real easy for me to keep up denial. I know in my heart that for me today, "to drink IS to die"...so they have not prescribed it to me lightly. Yes, I am excited, I haven't started it yet, but I feel SAFE. How are you, BH? Any plans for the weekend? I am heading to Chch tomorrow, to see my man and visit my grandmother - she is seriously ill with Alzheimer's and will be 90 on Sunday. Bless!

Comment

Hey K
                        Sounds like you are the perfect candidate for it then! Hope you will keep us posted on the meds thread or whereever. You sure some great motivation for staying AF and you sound really upbeat and positive. I am up north a bit for the weekend with my little grand daughter who is 4.5 and highly entertaining. She is my best buddy and we are just having fun hanging out together. The rest of the whanau will arrive tomorrow so it will be busy busy busy. They will probably all get on the beer though which is very annoying and such a waste of time (!!) but I did it myself for long enough so I cant really give them a hard time about it!
                        BH

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean re: the beer thing...for me that's about acceptance. They can, and if they want to that's cool. It's not so much that I CAN'T today, it's just that is ain't worth it and life is so good today without it that at long last I don't want to! Am looking forward to being a grandmother myself when it's my turn! Sounds lovely! Hope you have the bestest time - take my best wishes for a sober and serene weekend with you

Comment

Yes for me its not worth it either today or this weekend. I dont need it or want it anymore anyway. Got better things to do. Like training for the mini marathon next year in Dublin!
                            I nearly freaked out when I heard I was going to be a Granny at 41! But I have to say after initial misgivings it is honestly the best fun and we are best buddies - it is a totally different relationship to that with my own kids (youngest is 14!) as you just get to do the fun bits and you dont have to do the hard yards. AND BEST OF ALL YOU CAN GIVE THEM BACK! We are having a sleep over tonight so we are just going to cuddle up and watch Harry Potter and eat heaps of chocolate!
                            BH

Comment

Sounds bloody fantastic BH - I WANT TO BE A YOUNG GRANDMA TOOOOO!!!!! Awesome for you - what a great chance to make amends and all that...and as for the choccy and Harry Potter - well, you just gotta love it! Great to have the Dublin thing as a goal - goals very important, hang onto it, I love my fitness, and each time I have slipped, that has always been a major factor...my body just goes into shock. I've just been for a walk to the beach - I ADORE the Tasman Sea, and it's only about 1km away from home. The energy there is where I find my concept of God. What's your GD's name?

Comment

We just been to the beach too with the dog - it was very windy but yeah all those positive ions! I have to be near the sea at all times. Her name is Lianne and believe it not she doesnt actually know I am her Granny! She just calls me boozehag! Just kidding she just calls me by my first name - I say to the other kids you can use the f word and the c word but never ever use the G word or the N word! They have all tried but it hasnt stuck. My mother is Granny and her mum's mum is nana so I am just boozey!
                                BH

Comment

Working...
                                X