Army Thread 27th November 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve My arse??? What a great saying LTG!!!!!
    Thanks hun!

Oh yes, get hanna to say hello. That'd be lovley
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Still cannot get used to my avatar...keep thinking who is that rat wearing the tinsel...

Comment

I like your new avatar!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

startingover;478921 wrote: Will you find Christmas difficult?
          Not really, Christmas Eve is spent AF as I go to the midnight service and Christmas Day and Boxing Day I have to do alot of driving, 100 miles to my brothers and then another 100 miles to the MIL's. So I can't be stupid. Even last year I had someone drunk coming towards me on my side of the road - I beeped and beeped and they didn't move over, had to drive pretty much in the ditch to avoid them. A clear reminder to be sensible.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

vlad;478929 wrote: Not really, Christmas Eve is spent AF as I go to the midnight service and Christmas Day and Boxing Day I have to do alot of driving, 100 miles to my brothers and then another 100 miles to the MIL's. So I can't be stupid. Even last year I had someone drunk coming towards me on my side of the road - I beeped and beeped and they didn't move over, had to drive pretty much in the ditch to avoid them. A clear reminder to be sensible.
            OMG!!! That must have been terrifying!!!

Comment

Of course I'm stopping the night at my brothers and then at the MILs so I will have a few drinks.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I am so glad we do not have to drive for the holidays. There are so many drunk drivers here. It's hard to believe that MADD is headquartered here in Irving.
                :l
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

startingover;478930 wrote: OMG!!! That must have been terrifying!!!
                  Yeah, Boxing Day morning that was.

Comment

I was behind a drink driver once, he was doing 10 miles an hour and swerving from side to side. We stopped at the lights, and when the lights changed, he went to turn left, understeered, hit the central reservation, freaked out, oversteered and hit a parked car - all at 10 miles an hour. The driver of the parked car was just returning to his vehicle as it happened too!!!

Comment

Wow!! That really would scare me rigid....

Comment

Or this one...

Van driver swerving erratically on the motorway, pulls out into the middle lane, side swipes a hatchback, is so shocked he pulls back in and promptly drives into the back of a HGV.

Comment

You should drive Oney...it will be good for you..
                          But yes I can see your point....

Comment

Oney, I just can't believe I wasn't stopped more than once for DUI - considering the amount of times I drove when bombed. Scary.....
                            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

In St Petersburg, Russia:

Guy turning right at the traffic lights (we were only behind him), drink driver comes from the left at 50 miles an hour, clips the guy, spinning his car round 360 degrees. The drink driver just carries on... but crashes into a parked security truck. Fortunately they were both OK. The drink driver was obviously arrested.

To think though, that could have been us!!!

Comment

"Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                                X