what our children teach us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughters? school had a ?carols? evening recently ? we break early as we are going into our long holidays. It was so beautiful! The mix of kids and parents at this school is so vast. To remove the religious secularity, the school mixed it up with a few carols, but mainly beautiful songs of love and honesty, including one in Zulu ? and you know how kids love to sing.

For a country that has travelled so far in such a short time (to the outside world), for a country that has eleven official languages, the extraordinary way children go beyond acceptance of differences and understand that they just ?are?. Looking up at all those little faces of such varied races and religious denomination made me feel so hopeful! My childrens? friends are just friends ? there is no explaining from them why they look different, sound different or their name sound complicated to our tongue. They don't even notice. They are just friends - who make them laugh and get up to mischief!

If we can look after the planet long enough to give it to them, then hopefully they can restore humanity to the celebration of unity.

Thanks & take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

It's a beautiful thought. Children aren't born with hatred....they learn it. I also heard a quote, which I'll get wrong, I'm sure, recently, that once our universe expands, it cannot contract to its previous state. Let's give our children the gift of continued expansion, so they can continue to teach us.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you Ruby & Gia. x

Having lived through a war in east Africa in my pubecinet years, this is too strong to my heart!! What has been wrought will always be in my soul.

I have NEVER discussed this with them!

They are themselves.

The future could be so beautiful. I'm so proud!!

Take care
      xxx

John Milton

Comment

Thanks Jinja - that was lovely!
        I have my kids Christmas concert next week - can't wait. My 3yr old is sooo excited to have Mummy & Daddy coming to his pre-school!!
        Angel xo

Comment

Don't they just love to sing!!

Singing on a trampoline is a stretch!! Ha ha! Lots of warblling.....

Take care
          xxx

John Milton

Comment

Unity consciousness is the way of the future.There is a whole new mindset just on the horizon.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My 3 year old is in a Christmas concert with her school on the 15th of December. I cannot wait. I am bringing tons of kleenex.

Jinja, beautiful post.

Comment

Working...
              X