Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good movie, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We want to see a good movie (rent one) now -- something for the whole family, from age 8 to 88 -- Any ideas?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

(((Beattle)))

What type of movie are you thinking of? An adventure? A love story? A mystery? I would go on blockbuster and see what is currently available, or even pay per view. My hubby likes action movies like Aliens and Terminator II, but I like dark comedies like Pulp Fiction and Fargo...

Comment

Well, we have 3 kids here between 8 and 10-- so it has to be suitable for them, too. But we also want something the grownups will enjoy. We are currently looking at pay-by-views on the other computer, but can't seem to find anything that sounds good (that we haven't already seen).
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Anyone seen "cheaper by the dozen" with Steve Martin?

Comment

Hi Beatle,

One I love is "Nemo." It's a kids movie but something in it for everyone. I also really liked "Enchanted." Oh, and "Kung Fu Panda" is awesome. As you can see, I like kids movies...these have plenty of entertainment for adults too.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Hancock is out over here today..looks good!

Comment

Thanks guys... we ended up seeing "Water Horse" (about the Loch Ness (sp?) Monster). It was a nice movie, lovely scenery (supposed to be Scotland, but I think it was filmed in New Zealand.

We have seen (and we own) Nemo-- yeh great movie-- and have seen the others. That's the problem, we see a lot of movies, so there aren't many left to fit our needs.

I love that the kids movies these days almost always seem to be made for adults, too, with lots of humour that goes over the kids' heads, but doesn't disturb the movie for them, while it keeps the grown-ups laughing. I like "Ant Bully" and all the bugs and bees animated movies.

Thanks One2, now we know what to see next time.

Comment

oops, cross-posting here. Yeh, we've seen Wall-E, too -- twice, in fact. Another good fairly recent one is the Space Monkeys (is that what it's called?).

I don't know what Hancock is.

Comment

new Will Smith movie...and Space Chimps , that was a laugh!

Comment

Oh yeh, Space CHIMPS, of course. Yep, we all liked that-- grownups and kids equally, I think.

Comment

I Love all the Disney Classics
                      Lion King is my favorite.
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Beatle,
                        I know you already chose a movie, but next time a GREAT one if you havent seen it is "August Rush". Its a drama/ suspense for the whole family and an incredible love story intertwined. I loved it every bit as much as my 10 year old. I have to say it is now one of my all time favorites and could watch it over and over.
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Thanks Prest! I have never heard of it. Sounds good. It's great to have some movies on my list so we don't spend hours looking for something we all can agree on.

Yeh, Evie, I love the Disney classics, too. I always saw them as soon as they came out-- even before I had kids. And after we had kids, we enjoyed watching them all over again.

Yeh, Lion King, and Jungle Book, and Dumbo-- love that one (although the DT scene always made me a little uncomfortable!). And the older ones are good, too, like Aristocrats (everybody wants to be a cat!), Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations. I think they all get better the older we get-

Comment

Spiderwick is pretty good. It got very lukewarm reviews in the country I live in, but we liked it fine. (It was a little scary for a 7-year-old, though. I guess more like for age 10 and up?)

Comment

Have seen Narnia movies (after reading the books to the kids) and Harry Potter movies (after reading the books to the kids), and Golden Compass (after reading the books to the kids), but never heard of The Flight of Dragons nor the other two... shall look into them. Thanks for the tips!

Also loved Shrek, especially Shrek 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X