Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wanted to share .. funny interesting ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I didn't have a drink before work today. This week I've done pretty well and I'm feeling proud of that.

But I planned on one after I got home (it's mid-afternoon here) ... I poured some coke into a water bottle... and got distracted for a bit, getting out of my work clothes, making a quick bite to eat ... and then I made my way to the computer // and have been sitting here for about an hour, sipping on my bottle, which is just about emptied at this point. I was feeling kind bad for having to have the drink in the first place, or that I couldn't wait until at least after supper.

And then it occurred to me just now ...... I've just been drinking plain coke. For an hour. I FORGOT to put anything into it.

Funny thing is ... I hadn't noticed. I didn't notice the lack of buzz. I thought there was alcohol in my bottle of coke.

Which means .... I don't need it. HA! ... A small victory over AL. I think I'll have a cup of tea instead. So there!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Thank you !
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

So is it a craving now, or habit? Congratulations!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That's funny 42cat! I wonder if you can do that again? :goodjob:

Comment

HABIT HABIT HABIT...I do think we crave that buzz from time to time, but hey I crave key lime pie too and dont freak or fret every time I cant have it....I MOVE ON.....
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

OK, now that's great! Don't you feel good having had that realization? Many times it's habit and just something in your hand.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
            X