Thanksgiving Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving Story

So the flurry of arrivals was over, and all the food stowed and timed for cooking. My mom seeing that I had an amber drink in a lowball glass winked at me and said "Can I have whatever it is you are having?"

I said "Sure, Mom!" turned around and took out a glass and poured in some Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider. "We're saving the wine glasses for the dinner table", I said.

She gave me little frown of disappointment. I guess I'm not her dependable son any more...

I had a great Thanksgiving. Overall the family knocked off 3 bottles of Sparking Cider, 2 bottles of Sparkling Pear, one AF wine (Ariel white which isn't that bad), one Calistoga water and one bottle of real wine (which I didn't taste). It all worked out great.

Thanksgiving Story

Boss, great story and glad that your Thanksgiving went so well. Nothing wrong with not being dependable sometimes...
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Thanksgiving Story

Boss, I am so pleased for you!!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanksgiving Story

Fantastic! I know this is one of the times that had you worried. Good going!

wip

Comment

Thanksgiving Story

Great going!

This was my first Thanksgiving AF in years. We had lots of family over last night... wine flowing, and I just drank cranberry juice and sparkling water in a pretty wine glass and no one said a word!
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Thanksgiving Story

well done BossMan. Glad to see your family enjoying a lot of alternative drinks.

I was the only one drinking Ariel last night but I was fine and happy watching 7 bottles of wine magically disappear before a table of 10. then after dinner drinks... this is my 3rd AF thanksgiving but the first one I felt calm and trule 'at peace' with.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanksgiving Story

Allie, you were AF? good on ya mate!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X