Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 29th November 2008

Good Morning everyone!

Hi there Kapo, see you're around right now ? That was a wonderful post you put up on yesterdays thread, I am so pleased the visit went well and you singing to your grandma...well, that was beautiful....
    Will you copy that post over to todays thread so nobody misses it?

I am looking forward to a chillin day today, house to myself, might get a soppy dvd to sob through in peace :H and generally have a lovely pamper me day....

Have a super day all and see you when you finally drag your backsides out of your pits :H

Love starts xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Hey starts - good to see ya, just had to get out for a walk after sitting on bum most of day! hope you are good....:

Hi all - and many thanks for your good wishes this morning (last night to lots of you) before I headed out on my BIG DAY OUT! Well., gratitude is the watchword, shit I'm glad I'm not in jail....The visit went really well, though the "jail mentality" is something I abhor. Vea (my man) asked me if I would bring in some drugs as they are the best currency...I said "No, and 'NO' is a sentence"....meaning, NO.THE END! He was really cool with that and while I DO understand his plight there is NO WAY I could do that. I have made it through happily clean and sober, visited my dear grandmother in the demintia unit, and sang an old hymn to her from my childhood that she used to play for the congregation at church - this sparked the first recognitition she had displayed for days (according to my grandad, so that felt awesome.) Upon getting home my 18 year old asks, "How's it going mum - what's there to eat" and I had to curb my tongue BIG time...oh well. I said the Serenity Prayer..."God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change" - that works for me like counting to ten LOL> Well I hope this post finds you all well rested and ready to put on your recovery armour and face another day sober/modding (wherever you're at) and happy, joyous and free! Bless...it's great to be home and checking in!!!

Comment

Hey again starts - YAY for pamper days! Love old movies - Glass Bottom Boat, etc etc, having a bath, making fudge ... the list goes on! Enjoy yourself UTTERLY!
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hi Kapo, just been out walking myself with my dogs...it is freezing, foggy, not quite light and damp..but I STILL feel better for getting out there!
        I am looking forward to getting a good film or two. Going to go to the local blockbusters later and see whats on offer...yep a bubble bath and some nice music too....perfect...
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I reckon - one of the beautiful things about Winter, total valid excuse for kicking back. Mind you so is Summer...long hot weekend days...let me know what you rent movie-wise.

Comment

G'day there Kapo. Glad your day went well. I remember singing to my Grandma a couple of years ago too. She had dementia, and seemed to acknowledge what/who she felt like, and yep, she loved it, and wondered why i hadn't sung to her before. (she did live 3 hours away, but that's no excuse). I'm just wrapped that i did it. She was mesmerised. Not that the singing was good, but just her Grandson sang to her you know?...like you...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

morning all. Kapo what a lovely post that is. My brother in law is in jail and I find it really difficult to visit. Upset the he'll outta me.

Well I'm sat in the cold outside work waiting for my boss to get here. They are always late!!

Starts I hope you have a lovely pamper day. You deserve it Hun x

I'm going to play some games on my iPod now to keep my mind active. Catch you all later fx

Comment

hi G, how are you this morning?

Comment

Hey gat and wishy, hope you have good working day wish, yeah jail a bloody awful place, and I'm just visitin'! Sod crime!

Gat, thanks heaps about your singing to your grandma, totally relate, and yeah it was beaut to see that spark in her eyes. Funnily enough I live 3 hours from mine too

I have fronted bands on-and-off for most of my life and have written quite a few songs, two about my addiction, shall post the lyrics sometime. One is called "Detox Centre" the other is called "DTs". I always used to think the drink gave me inspiration for my lyrics but there was many an attempt and writing a song I thought (at the time) was just SOOOOO BRILLIANT, and was not able to decipher words the next day, let alone remember trying to pen them LOL. Hope your day been good over the ditch...

9.50pm here, not quite tired enough for bed yet, and I am glad of that, as want to stay soldiering on the Army thread a while longer...

Comment

Hi there Wish...All good here thanks. Do some starjumps while you're waiting! Kapo... Muso here too. I used to think i couldn't write or perform sober!.... was convinced!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yeah me too! What do you play (I'm thinkin guitar, but I guess that's not rocket science, given your MWO name)

Comment

Also, what style etc?

Comment

Mornin Kapo, Starts,Wishing and Guitarista, It's 4 am here in florida and just can't sleep
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Kapo...Yep, Guitarist mainly, but most stringed instruments, and percussion...lot's!.... Folk to blues to roots to arabic to irish to spanish to metal....love all sorts..

Hello Evie!....

Comment

Hey Evie - this site is awesome for those sleepless times, great to meet you!

Yeah, Gat, I love most types of music too. I adore singing, very theraputic, play a little bass. Love punk rock but also adore Stravinsky, Lou Reed, Cleo Laine....just about anything except Country and Western, CCR, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin...(God, I better stop there!)

Comment

Working...
                              X