Army Thread 29th November 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one2many;480749 wrote: Yip, it is warm in the shops lol, thats all I care about...ohhh and the restaurants too, did you find anywhere nice to eat marby?
    I went alone, so I was looking more for places where an Englishwoman lost in New York wouldn't look out of place rather than looking for great menus! But Yes, from what I remember there are some great places- I did go to Chinatown but don't actually remember if I ate there... I do remember i bought some earrings

Comment

one2many;480741 wrote: Krigers, you have the biggest heart, you and LTG have helped this Dub so much with this trip, I feel like I am unleashing myself from a convent,I havnt got a clue, you are a sweetie-Thank You.

Feck!!! Snow Showers!!!! Oh Lordy!
      I hope it does snow :h It's not as if you'll have to shovel it...LOL!! It will add so much to the Christmas atmosphere :lilangel:
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Here's a bummer. Planned a 'me' day. Instead, a tenants septic tank overflowed, Hubs is working of course, and I've handled it, all in about 3 hours. Damn, I'm good. Hubs and I have been talking, I know some things, and who we use, took care of all that s#*t. Patting my back heavily now.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Way to go, Ruby! Very proud of you :h
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

And so you should be a-patting, RW - sounds shitty. ?xpectations vs serenity... I'm planning on a lazy Sunday down here, I would be pretty snotted if something like that happened, you have done well!
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

One, the trick is to act somewhat like you know what you're doing, use common sense (don't buy the Brooklyn Bridge), you can't by a Prada purse for $20 on a streetcorner, don't go ANYWHERE with strangers, or tell strangers where you are staying, .....same things you would do in any big city. Figure out a safety zone, stay together. Check prices before you order, wonderful food everywhere. Hard Rock Cafe, maybe? Have fun!!! Wish I was going too!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

kaponium;480769 wrote: And so you should be a-patting, RW - sounds shitty. ?xpectations vs serenity... I'm planning on a lazy Sunday down here, I would be pretty snotted if something like that happened, you have done well!
                Thanks, guys. The turds are flowing freely once again. Amazing what makes people happy. Truly, a 3 hour turn around for something major like this is why our people like us so much and get to think of us as friends and family. We were at the suicide scene recently before the young man's parents. Unfortunately, it becomes another burden and is really not good for me. I need friends, like you, not responsibilities. I love you all so much for caring about me.
                sigpic

Comment

Gotta dash off a do a few things....it's such a bummer, by the time I get back many of you will be tucked up!! Sleep tight all you northerners going into Saturday night! Pleasant dreams...Bless all you wankers (!!!!!!!!!!) rather be a wanker than an active lush today
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hiya another wanker reporting for duty!! Yep I'd rather wank too kapo. LOL

Great going on the shit shovelling Rubes, you really are doing so well hun. Something like that would have really tested me to the limits...

Oney, I am getting severely jealous about your trip now.....

I am just going to snuggle up on the sofa with the dogs and watch when a man loves a woman....if I can figure out how to work the DVD. LOL

See you in a little while xx
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting, it just took me 20 mins to get a movie playing for Hanna...LOL!! It sucks when Papa has to work and leave Grandma unsupervised...LOL!! :lilangel:
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Oney, I love you girlie, you ARE strong and I am delighted you have made your decision now.
                        Here for you sweets, you know that
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

O2M, I think I read that your hotel has internet access in their business center so you can log on if you need to. Don't forget to take my phone number and call if you need to - or just want to brag...LOL!!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Baby Girl, you know what feels right. When others are 'suggesting' attitutudes, or behaviors for you, red flags go off. Do what feels right, at that moment with the strength and education you have now. I'm very proud of my little one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oney, I would and will do anything I possibly could for you (online or in "real" life!), regardless of what you do (or don't do!) in New York. If you can keep an "attitude of gratitude" (instead of deprivation) about alcohol, even when you are on vacation, with friends who are drinking a lot... then you'll be not just fine, but fabulous. And you may find you can enjoy sitting with friends while they are drinking booze, and you are not. I don't know. What I have found is that if people are drinking too much, then I am grateful NOT to be drinking, because what I see of what they are feeling and doing is not attractive to me. And if people are drinking only a little, then that isn't attractive to me, either, because... what's the point? You may find something similar... or you may not. We're all different. But you've got the heart of a warrior, and you'll be great, no matter what.

Maybe, instead of staying at the hotel while the others are at a bar, you can find bars where there's some good live music... NY is full of them... then it would not be "all about the alcohol..."

wip

Comment

Im delighted for you Oney, if id got to 90 days id be very reluctant to throw it away...one day I would like to be where you are , im proud to call you my friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X