World time zones ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World time zones ???

Is there anyone else out there that has trouble keeping track of our MWO friends time zones??? I can't count how many times i have had to goggle it to know.I am driving hubby absolutely MAD by asking him.
    Yes it is true that i am not that smart and have extreme dyslexia but ?????? I can't keep it straight.Maybe a very wise Santa's Elf could somehow keep one on site for easy access to us who are having trouble?
    Please DEAR SANTA.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

World time zones ???

At bottom of this page, there is a clock....All i know is that London, GMT. time is close to 2 hrs. ahead of it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

World time zones ???

Thanks Gia, and I see even more angels around you today.

Comment

World time zones ???

Dear Evie, Oney and Gia use this site I have found it to be great!!!! lots of love to you cap Time - Current time around the World and standard time zones map of the world- 12 format

Comment

World time zones ???

That's globalization for you!

For my work, I often need to schedule phone calls. For that reason, I keep a general "regional" monitor in my brain. Yesterday I scheduled a phone call for 4pm Brussels Monday which is about 8am my time. At that same time it will be 8pm Monday in Taiwan, where I also call. For Taiwan I generally call my Sunday evening which is their morning.

And don't get me started with Australia, which not only is backwards with Daylight/Summer time (we fall back, they spring forward) but has six major time zones within the Island, and I swear six minor time zones and then they vote on them as if you can vote on the sun! At least they HAVE sun, in Oregon we have 7 hour days in winter, with heavy cloud cover and rain, and it's friggin DARK outside.

So one HUGE tool I use is just google. Type in "Time in ...." and then name any city.

Time in London

Time in Sydney

That sort of stuff. It works really well, and is very fast.

For a general rule, Europe/UK is about 8 hours ahead of US, and Eastern Asia is about 8 hours behind the US. 8/8/8 is 24 which is 24 hours a day, which corresponds to the sun moving full circle around the world.

Australia, NZ do Daylight/Summer time opposite here in the north, so they swap back and forth by two hours (they go back 1 hour when we go forward one hour) between summer (their winter) and winter (their summer). Got it?

Comment

World time zones ???

Hey HAAAAAAAAAA Boss man we aint an"Island" HAAA large country status thanks!!!!!!!! Got it LOL

Comment

World time zones ???

Actually, I learned in primary school that Australia is a continent. (But does that mean that it cannot also be an island?)
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

World time zones ???

And boss.man, sorry, but 7 hours of daylight in winter sounds like paradise to me... we get less than four at the worst time (mid-December). Our relatives a little farther North get none.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

World time zones ???

This might be helpful - you can configure this to where your friends are! When you are on the site, go to personal world clock...

The World Clock - Time Zones

Any angels around me? I need a bunch today. Feeling sad, but nothing alarming or triggering...
                  Wishing you a lovely day and all those who follow!
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

World time zones ???

Dont be sad river wishing you all the sea angles i can muster take care

Comment

World time zones ???

Ahh, sweet Captn - thanks! I'm trying to turn it around - just read parts of "The Secret", doing my best pull some positive vibes this way!
                      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

World time zones ???

Thanks for the help you guys.....

Comment

Working...
                        X