Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could do with a big cry

So here i am yet again low and upset.
    How hard is it to get back on the wagoon! I'm so stupid, i want it soooo bad, i LOVED beng sober but here i am, drinking (granted not as much) I'm just finding it soo hard to stop again. I also feel i shouldn't post anymore cause in EVERY post i'm like, THIS IS IT, I'm going to stop now the a day later i'm back to the drink. What's wrong with me...
    I sat there drinking and i didn't want to, i was chocking on every sip cause it was horrible and all the time i was thinking, just do it, just drink the drink. I swear i do it to torture myself!!
    I'm going to talk to my hubby again tonight, own up, make a plan.
    You know, i'm only 8 stone 4 pounds and i really feel fat and ugly. I feel i'm not good enough for my hubby and my daughter... I NEVER EVER felt like that when i was doing my 30 days AF.
    I know what i need to do. I just need a kick up the ass to get it in action!

Could do with a big cry

Oh LM- I can so relate. It is madness, we so want to stop, and KNOW we feel much better AF but just can't seem to overcome those thoughts that tell us to drink.

Hang on in there girl- you have done SO WELL. How about eating a big greasy meal? Could you manage it? Go and get a chinky or some fish and chips or something? For sure it will stop you drinking today. You may just crash out and miss X Factor, but better than getting hammered.

Comment

Could do with a big cry

OK...here's your kick!

Now.....here's your :l!!

Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Could do with a big cry

i did the same thing again michelle... i managed for 4.5 months and then boom off the wagon i feel.
        each time i drank it was a little worse.
        i think i'm done for a while now. i hope so.
        like u said ... don't want to make proclamations and look like a jerk. maybe not look.. feel like a jerk.
        be a jerk.
        okay... time to think positive.
        we will be just fine. life is about choices and i've made mine.

Comment

Could do with a big cry

Oh yes, I've felt that way many many times, more than I can possibly recall (of course, since my memory is also shot, thanks to AL).

But you just have to keep trying and keep trying and keep trying. You must not look back and think of all your regrets. Just look forward.

And go ahead and have a big cry. And then-- do what you know you need to do. Here comes the kick...

KICK! (It looks better in real life).
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Could do with a big cry

Yup, LM, I know the feeling. It passes. And sometimes it comes back, even when you've been AF for quite a while! The trick is in realizing that it isn't a signal from the heavens that you should have another drink, right? That's sometimes how we manage to interpret it... getting maudlin just kind of goes along with getting drunk... oh, how the mind plays tricks on us...

wip

Comment

Could do with a big cry

Lil Michelle, I am also struggling, but maybe tell yourself "just for today" (or ODAT or however you choose to word it).

I was an active member of Moderation Management a number of years ago, and I remember someone saying that when you know the bottle of wine is on the counter (or in the fridge or whatever), tell yourself "I'll have some in an hour." Then after that hour, "I can wait another hour." before you know it, it's the end of the evening and time for bed. That strategy has worked for me on occasion.

It's good for you to come here and keep posting. We are all in the same boat.

Comment

Could do with a big cry

lil M I always like reading yur treads,suprman never goes up and down as much as you do,beleive me when i say ive met many here,non like you,hubby cant help nor the kids,if you hav any,,i never try to say sorry,anymore,cause of where ive been,maybe you like many others should go to treatment,and if you have and it didnt work,try this place,as ive said,where i went they call it a holiday,it aint,i never studied or concentrated so much in my life,i dont no where you live , try it out,homewood,guelgh ontario canada,28 days to do nothing but THINK,and it could be more then 28,depends how you go there,i dont advise to go under the weather,loaded,it makes it much harder,and you can leave whenever,you also pay up front, unless you have insurance,some of the best staff in the world,hope things work out,instead of goin to the carribbean go there, and tell me how it went when you get back, gyco

Comment

Could do with a big cry

one2many;480860 wrote: Michelle, I have just had the BIGGEST, LOUDEST voice in my head telling me that my trip to NY will not be worth it without drinking.

It crept in to my head and buried itself there and I entertained it, listened to it and let it persuade me into thinking that modding was a good idea.I gave into the thought and it snowballed into a decision at the blink of an eye.

Thankfully I have caught it, screwed it up and tossed it out with the other garbage that tries to invade my resolve.

However, with the help of my friends here I have found my hidden strength, polished my armour and dispelled all thoughts of drinking as an option.

The thoughts do not last long and by listening and entertaining them and actually giving them time, they grow and escalate until they become an overwhemling urge that drinking is the only option.

This is a lie, the feeling passes, do something that makes you happy, eat, read, watch crap on tv and get thru the night, you will wake in the morn and realise that, yes, you can do this, you have just done it and it will be another little notch on your belt........you have the power within yourself, just ride it out and you will be so proud of yourself.
                  Oney- you will be fine. I said it before and at the risk of repeating myself and being boring (not the first time) there will be so much to see there drinking will fade right into the background.

I guess the dodgiest time will be at the airport when everyone is having a pre-flight drink. Just put yourself in the role of someone has to be sober to keep an eye on the rest. You will be absolutely fine.

I did not get the feel there is a bar on every corner there, like there is in London, and if you get by in Ireland you will find it is not a big issue there.

I will bet even your drinking friends do very little drinking while there.

Comment

Could do with a big cry

LM, listen to one 2....she hit the nail on the head...

Don

Comment

Could do with a big cry

Thanks everyone for you support. Today is day 1. I'm feeling confident.

One to many - Well done. I have taken your advice on board and put it close to my heart! Thank you very much and well done for being sooo STRONG!

I have to say to gyco - Superman may not go up and down like me but i've made a huge improvent to what i was, plus i'm human unlike superman. I'm not going to rehab as i don't drink alot at all now, maybe one glass, 2 glasses max unless i have a REAL bad day. I still don't want to drink, i want to stop completely. I want to get on the wagoon again and stay on instead of mod.
                      People may not have people to support them, i'm forever thankful for the fact that i do. I do however, have A LOT on my plate constantly which i understand does NOT give me the right to drink.
                      Anyway, hopfully i'll keep going up and up and up! I also hope that you comment may have the been kick up the ass i needed *lol* Sure has given me a lot to think about and makes me want to prove to everyone i can do this, so thank you!

Comment

Could do with a big cry

Thank you one2many, i will do. It's the same for you, pm me anytime. I may not be the most successful person on this site, far from it but i'm here for you and infact anyone!

Comment

Could do with a big cry

hi LIL M,,youll do ok,it is a struggle but you hav here and i hope support there,tht was the worse sinario,som hav to go tht route and som are forced the latter was me,there was good from it,and also bad,by the way iwish you well,gyco

Comment

Working...
                          X