Wondering about Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a member here for a loooong time...but am currently wondering if Subs is "worth it." I know you get extra PMs, some free Kudzu and the book (which I have had since 1st visiting MWO almost 3 yrs ago.) Gia, I know you recently detailed some of the benefits of Subs on another thread. Others have said that it is no big whoop. Can anyone, especially long time MWOers, offer thoughts on whether being a Subscriber (OOH, do I have to use a capital S? is beneficial?

Thanks, CS

I guess I am asking because maybe I need a jumpstart, and wondering what that should be.

Comment

Well. You got me tonight and don't usually respond.

You have a lot of others here who do not respond to otherwise subscribers.

Ummm. I can't speak for other than that.

Except that RJ has put a lot of effort into this website, a lot of thought. The supplements, etc are actually cheaper here and so are the women.

The men are rare.

Between the cheap women and the rare men, we are an incredible crowd.

Lushy and rest, do not let this incredible person down!!!

So, all I can say from here is, welcome!! I put up with this bunch of "umm, I do not know what" and I am here.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I guess I'm one of the rare men...lol

I've asked the same question, but I joined Subscribers a couple weeks ago and am willing to give it a try for a few months. If you don't see any benefits you can cancel and you're only out 30 bucks or so.

Comment

For me its not about the benefits that I gain from bein a subscriber per say...but the benefit that I gain from the site as a whole period. So 30 cents a day as Gia broke it down for us is just a small amount I can give back to RJ for what she and this site gives to me.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

I joined subscribers and it did not automatically renew, so I added another credit card to "renew".... about a week later the 1st credit card renewed. I was simultaneously charged......this just was not a good deal for me. I spent a lot of time trying to solve the errors with this websites administration but got nowhere. I LOVE this website, I just got no benefit with subs.
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Hey Gabby, forgot to wish you a happy birthday!

Comment

Subs is a different kind of animal, but is invaluable for a lot of people. I tend to see people open up a lot more there, as people who are just visiting cannot jump in and read what is being written.

If you are interested, I would encourage you to give it a try.
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I continue to subscribe almost entirely because I want to support the operation of this website. Most of the people who regularly (or exclusively) post there are wonderful, and have known each other a long time. They are good friends. There's a bit of a "club" atmosphere, and some people enjoy that tremendously. However, there's not what I would call an especially strong emphasis on the AF side of things on subs (there's one very good AF thread), and since that's what I am primarily here for, I find that I don't spend very much time there. I think it's worthwhile to subscribe, especially as a "thank you" and a contribution, and also to see if you find it fun and/or helpful!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've subscribed several times, found not much benefit, not that other people haven't found it beneficial. Just seems like I am paying for what I can get for nothing.

Sorry, but now it seems like this whole website is turning into nothing other than a bunch of You Tube videos???

Comment

CS04;481054 wrote: I guess I am asking because maybe I need a jumpstart, and wondering what that should be.
                      Needing a "jumpstart" ... just noticed that part of your post. Have you been posting on the AF thread in Monthly ABS? If not, check it out, it's a good place to hang out for some support, suggestions, discussions etc., with folks who are working hard on AF programs...

Comment

angeleyes,

I agree it does seem the site is not much more than a bunch of youtube videos. Thank you for your honesty about that. It is a pet peeve of many.

Comment

Totally agree Angeleyes. The music threads should have their own section as they seem to take over at times.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Lol guys - I just went through the last 6 or 7 pages of 'General Discussion' and a bunch of the other forums and only found a handful of music threads. Think that hardly qualifies as taking over the site.

Just like everything else, take what you can use and leave the rest. I know that several times that I have posted there it is because that music did a better job of expressing how I was feeling then words could. Others just feel more comfortable expressing themselves through music.

At the end of the day, people should feel free to post about things that contribute to their sobriety or moderation, and if music helps some people then more power to them.
                            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I can deal if all the music threads stay in General and not in Subscriber.

Comment

Working...
                              X