Wondering about Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready, I am sorry you felt that way about Subs, but I do have to disagree that you need to be part of the "club" to fit in. We are a very welcoming group of people and if you make yourself known we will embrace you.

Baldie is hot??? Prove it to me please.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Don't now if i am a long timer yet.I joined a year ago and have had 6 months, (at least) out of the 12 SOBER.I used to see a division between Subs and not subs.NO MORE !!! I just finally found the (new post ) button and now I just post on any thread that speaks to me...To each, his own.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

lushy;481437 wrote: Ready, I am sorry you felt that way about Subs, but I do have to disagree that you need to be part of the "club" to fit in. We are a very welcoming group of people and if you make yourself known we will embrace you.
        With all respect and affection, Lushy, I know that not everyone experiences subs as "very welcoming." Several (certainly not all) of the regulars there are, in fact, very welcoming to newcomers, and have been, even to me! You are one of them, and I do appreciate that!

Comment

I joined purely to support the site. I have never posted on subs but would if I had something to contribute. You cans see different groups here but I think everyone is very supportive and you are welcomed anywhere you decide to post.

Just my 2 cents
          :l
          Ak
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

In my view, Subs is more of a social club. I see the tackling of drinking issues happening a lot more in the non-subs forums to be honest. Nothing wrong with that, just don't want people to think they will gain more support or help for their issues simply by joining subs. As others have mentioned, it is more a way of giving back.
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I agree AA. I know for me at least, the more I talk and think about AL the more I want to drink, so I like the fact Subs is more "social" as you said. I don't think it is a bad thing that Subs does not revolve around AL all of the time.

Comment

wull i fit in.....and im kinda a misfit up north
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Misfits from up north fit in gabby! I even feel like I fit in. I love Subs!!!!!
                  Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

one2many;481448 wrote: There will always the ones who see it is an exclusive club however and do not offer any kind of help or support to the newer people, never discuss their drinking or their efforts to stop (and i dont mean talking about it all the time, I mean not even the odd comment or two about where they are in their journey-absolutely nothing whatsoever)..... That is their perogative but it must be remembered that we were all newbies once and if everyone adpoted this attitude, there would not be very many members.
                    Having been here since almost the beginning of this website I can say there is a cycle of "supporters" for the newbies. I used to spend every day trying to welcome anyone new but it became overwhelming and far too time consuming, especially when many people would post once or twice and never come back. With regards to some people not discussing their drinking issues here, I know for me I have shared my story, made plans for how to tackle it, but to focus on it all of the time sometimes makes me want to drink more so I prefer to just enjoy the camraderie and friendships I have found here. I don't think that is a bad thing.

Comment

Okay, aside from the music threads...I've been here for about three days and have nort given up the wine yet. I ordered the Kuduz and L-G but after reading this post, am I to assume that it is bogus and doesn't work? I had such high hopes!!!! HELP me understand.
                      :wave:
                      There is nothing to fear but fear itself

Comment

This is a very good thread about what subs offers. I am not a member.

Sounds like it is a place for established members to go and be more open. The most important comment here is from AA who said not to do it as a means of furthering sobriety.

Sounds great to me that people want to support the site financially. For some people the cost would be too much, another monthly bill to pay. But if you have the means and like the website, why not?

As for the last post, the site definitely is worthwhile. Music videos are definitely not the majority of posts.

I think we could find a section for them though, to make them readily identifiable. great idea.

As for newbies, what a long-runing issue! It's been here for years. Best way to fit in is to post and then you gradually get in. I guess if subs is a very small group, possible that it is harder to find a little niche to fit into.

Comment

Working...
                        X