More Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Time

One of the huge benefits to the non drinking thing is the additional time you have in your life.

Also, ironically, I feel much more freedom. I think this is because I don't have to feel like "well I'll be buzzed so I won't be able to ......." fill in the blank.

And, by not ever being hung over, work is always more productive.

I remember reading something about Chris Matthews (Hardball on MSNBC) when he stopped drinking. He talked about his carreer and he said something like, "well you can see anything of value that I did in my carreer didn't happen until I quit drinking".

In many ways, this is like starting a whole new life without many of the limitations that accompany the drinking. It's like adding new "juice" to your life.

Anyone else get this feeling?

More Time

Yes I totally agree. Sometimes now I just have a sudden realisation that I can just go anywhere and do anything and that feeling of freedom gives me such a high- way better than any high AL ever gave me. Its like being freed from prison. Previously I had to plan everything around my binge drinking habits and there was no point in planning anything too far ahead as I mostly felt like I wouldnt even make it to the end of the week!
    BH

Comment

More Time

Yes, I can relate to this. On weekends my window of opportunity for doing anything productive often finished at midday and recently I didnt even get that far. Weekdays were the same...getting home, having a drink then crashing early....
      Yesterday was lovely, I was able to go shopping in the afternoon and also watch a film in the evening. These are just little things but it shows me how far i have come...
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
      X