CLIMBING EVEREST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLIMBING EVEREST

This is going to be my last post for some time. Well a week to be precise. (thank god) for that I hear you sigh!!!!:H I am lying in my bed. Lights off and planning my moves and thinking what this battle with alcohol is like for me. I imagined Everest. I am right at the bottom. Looking at this massive mountain that I have to climb in order to put my flag on top and say 'look, I did it!!!'. Can you climb Everest in your trainers and a tracksuit? Can you heckers like, you need to be forearmed and prepared. Fail to prepare and prepare to fail, so they say. You need to have a good team with you, who you can trust. You need to be prepared for all the eventualities, the pitfalls the dangers. The icy edges that will thrust you right back down and if you are not careful to your untimely death. You need correct nutrition as your body becomes the ultimate machine. I wanted to share this with you all as this is how it feels for me. To become sober and to stay sober is like a mountain. I have to climb it to be free. Am I afraid? You bet. Cos as you all now know I do have a 'real' problem. Doctors might not see it, but I know it. I abused this weekend. Now you imagine meeting me in real life. Lovely at first then when the drink hits the spot the exorcist has nothing on me. Apart from the fact my head does not spin round! Joking aside, this is very real and very important for me. I will stay off this website for a week and not get too carried away with my writings. Next week I will say whether or not I did my first AF free week in ages. I so want to say to you all, I did it, cos that means I am a fraction of the way up this great mountain before me. I shall keep quiet and still in my soul and concentrate on the task ahead. I shall not be ashamed of what drink has made me do in the past. I will recognize it for what it is. to you all I send love and light and may the force be with you:thanks::l:h

CLIMBING EVEREST

O MADS PLEASE DONT GO, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION AND I NEED TO CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN WITH YOU! DID YOU SEE THE THREAD I JUST STARTED COULD WE NOT DO THIS TOGETHER?? I AM SURE MORE FOLD ON HERE WOULD WANT TO START CLIMBING???
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Maddie, I'd strongly suggest that you keep on posting here, while you are working on your AF week; coming here, talking about how you are doing, getting support and giving support back to others, is a HUGE part of an effective plan to get done with the alcohol... Like KW just said, lots of people are right about where you are right now, and they would like to have you working with them... So would we all.

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

:lMD

Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

ok. I can just get a bit obsessive that's all. I am thinking very hard about how to win this demon. I do believe alcohol is demonic. I shall help the others who may or not be where I am now right at the bottom with my climbing shoes on, my waterproofs and my rucksack filled with goodies. I am going to do it you know. So much regard is sent to you all.:thanks:

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

TO KEEP WALKING

GLAD YOU HAVE FORGIVEN ME NOW FOR MY OUTBURSTS. PURE DRINK. NOTHING MORE. LIKE THE NIGHT OUT FROM HELL! YOU CAN CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN WITH ME. YOU MUST HAVE GOOD SOLID SHOES, YOUR WATERPROOFS AND OF COURSE THE RUCKSACK. WE ALL STRUGGLE TOGETHER. WHY CAN THEY NOT JUST BAN ALCOHOL? THEY DON'T SELL HEROIN, CANNABIS OR CRACK IN THE LOCAL SO WHY DO THEY SELL BOOZE? STATISTICS SHOW THE DEATH RATE AND YET THEY STILL SELL IT. ONE DAY I SHALL BE A PURITAN EVANGELIST (NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL THAT). I FIND IT HARD TO FATHOM OUT THE REASON BEHIND SUCH EASY TO BUY POISON. NO WONDER WE HAVE A BROKEN BRITAIN....................... WE ARE ALL DRUNK:H WELL NO MORE.........:l

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

I am so with you, packing my rucksack as we speak and filling my flask of hot strong coffee to help us on our journey!!! It is the devil sitting on our shoulder but we will overpower him, my boots are on too start and keepwalking (LOL) day 1 starts tomorrow ---------------- bring it on and hopefully lots of folk to help us here xxx

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

You are right about the devil sitting on your shoulder. That is exactly how I feel. Can be doing really well and then this little nagging voice in my ear. I am a binger. Once the damage of the last binge is forgotton. I seem to embark on the next binge!!! However, this is what I want to tackle. This is my danger zone. Welcome and happy 1st December 2008. You should start a thread. Just do it. Write your thoughts, your fears, your wishes. I start threads cos I waffle crap a mass majority of the time.:H

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

I thought this video may inspire you Maddiva, and the rest of us that might relapse.

"A son asked his father, ‘Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?’. The father who, despite having a heart condition, says ‘Yes’.

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying ‘Yes’ to his son’s request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, ‘Dad, let’s join the Ironman together.’ To which, his father said ‘Yes’ too. For those who don’t know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses
                  three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together."

I warn you- it's a tear jerker.

GodTube.com - My Redeemer Lives - Team Hoyt

Hmm- can't get the video on- you have to click on the link above.

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Morning Mads, Looking to grow has started a thread this morning like an advent of counting down to chirtsmas, called it AF december to help those who dont do chirtsmas, this all came from a lot of us wanting to climb everest with you, so add on but we need a christmas avatar???? Happy day 1, keep strong the climb starts here x

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

MARBELLA

I watched the video. I had to go and get tissue! My makeup needs retouching! :goodjob:It is very, very touching, beautiful and profound. Thank you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Hello Madders, you sound mighty interesting to me! I am mad as hatter when drunk, and a tad madder sober - great to meet ya mate
                        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Morning Mads! And please keep posting - that's what helped me get through.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Dear Kaponium

Yes I would have to confess to be slightly 'mad'. Hence the name Mad diva!!! Am slightly mad when sober and extremely insane when drunk, is that not the way the poison works. I used to wish I was a 'go to sleep, soppy drunk!' Alas, I have to confess I turn into this totally insane person who I do not like at all. No more. Nice to meet you..........

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Hi Maddiva! How are you today?
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X