Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLIMBING EVEREST

Maddiva,
    I am exactly like you when I drink...incert Al.....instant BITCH...INSTANT....I mean the minute a drop hits my lips it is like a become a demon. I hate the drunk me and trust me so does everyone else. I go from angel to demon in seconds flat. Leaving is not what you need to do.......you need to arm yourself with support to fight this addiction.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

M, I think you're right on with the thought approach you've taken. Sobriety is a mt, and it can be a real bitch to climb but well worth when you make the summit. I wish you success, nat
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

I, like you, and others here, assume an entirely new identity when alcohol enters my body. And it was not pretty! Demonic posession is a mild description of me under the influence. I was pure evil. I was so hurtful to my loved ones, which is opposite of my personality. I am also, unfortunately, very stubborn by nature. Because of that, it took much longer for me to admit that I could not control my situation with alcohol. I kept saying to myself and my family, that I could do this, I could control this. It wasn't until I said, "I can't control this!" that I began climbing my "Everest". One week from today will be 8 months alcohol free! My life and the lives of my loved ones is A-Billion times better, than before. I was alcohol free from 1987 - 1992 (5 years) once before. I made the mistake in 1992, of thinking that I could have just one or just a few. I can't! I can't drink alcohol. Not today, or tomorrow or 10 years from now. Not ever! I will never tempt fate, because if I have one drink, I know that I will be right back where I was ~ when at my worst ~ in the blink of an eye! I never want to go back there! I know that the biggest tool that I needed for my trip up the mountain, was right inside ~ it was me! You can do this! Love to you! Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

Hiya Mads, nicde to hear from you .... how are you going today? I am doing ok, but it is only 8.12am here lol. Sometimes people tell me to take it one day at a time, well - damnation - one second at a time was my night last night, what with wayward teenagers, coppers, mad friends (whom I love dearly!) etc....but did I pick up a drink!!!???? No, I FU**ING well DID NOT. So ha!ha!ha! alcoholism - ya didn't get me. How you doing? Spongebob sends hugs!

Hi all other mountaineers
          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

I am on day one tdy, and ready to climb the mountain. By Christmas i want to see the snow!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

CLIMBING EVEREST

i THOUGHT YOU WERE FURTHER UP THE MOUNTAIN. DON'T KNOW WHY JUST DID. WELL YOU WILL SEE THE SNOW, BUT I AM NOT EXPECTING TO REACH THE SUMMIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR, COS I AM TAKING IT SLOW AND STEADY. I CANNOT RUSH THIS. COS ONE MINUTE I AM OK, NEVER WILL GO INTO THAT DREADED SHOP WHICH SELLS CHEAP BOOZE NEXT TO MY HOME, THEN THE NEXT NIGHT I AM IN THERE. NOW WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ALL ABOUT? I HAVE EVEN THOUGHT THE ONLY WAY TO RID MYSELF OF THIS CURSE IS TO GET BARRED FROM EVERY SHOP IN MY AREA.......... WOULD THAT WORK? NO COS i WOULD GO FURTHER AFIELD. SO NICE AND SLOWLY IS THE KEY.

Comment

Working...
              X