Planet show of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet show of the year

Apparently there is going to be some spectacular stuff happening up in the heavens today in Europe (tomorrow for you in North/South America)-- December 1. And you don't need any equipment to see it:

"For people in the US, look west around sunset, clouds willing. Jupiter, Venus, and a sliver of a crescent moon will form a spectacular, tight triangle in the early evening sky, near the horizon. On Dec. 1 they will be so tightly packed that you?ll be able to cover them with your thumb at arms length.

And if you?re in the right spot in WESTERN EUROPE, you?ll get more than this function at the conjunction. The moon will actually cover Venus for a while ? an occultation."

By the way, for those of us in Europe, this will happen in the early afternoon, I believe.

If you are in the US, here is more info:
    Venus, Jupiter, moon soon to share rare closeness | National | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Planet show of the year

I heard something about this, thank you. I will "look" into it. We get some amazing light shows here anyways with the northern lights. But this will be fun to check out.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Planet show of the year

It is there right now. I made the kids go look.

Comment

Planet show of the year

Oh, that's great. How is it?

(We couldn't see it here in Scandinavia due to cloud cover.)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Planet show of the year

Very bright. It is a clear night here. Amazingly bright. Thanks for mentioning this! I told my kids they better look, it will be about another 50 years.

Comment

Planet show of the year

Shit Beatle the planets have all aligned ! Is that a good thing ? Ha! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X