Terry's Nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry's Nails

I noticed that apparently I am getting "Terry's Nails." OMG, it's making me so concerned. I researched it and it seems to point to cirrhosis... I had what they called mild Hepatitis earlier this year. I quit completely and it resolved. I had a CAT and Ultrasound done and no abnormalities were detected. This was back in the summer.
    Around October I decided my Liver had had a long enough break to heal...uggh, maybe not. My drinking wasn't nearly as bad over October and December... Mainly I binged two or three times a week at most.
    I feel so alone about this... I am wondering if anyone with this or knowledge about this would join me in this thread...

Thanks,
    Feb

Terry's Nails

Hi there Feb, I am sorry, I dont know anything about this, but I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that you're not alone
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Terry's Nails

Hi, startingover.
      It is a condition where some of or a lot of your fingernails turn white... They say 80% of cirrhosis patients have it... Socrates discovered the correlation, believe it or not. And then in the '50's Dr.s' started utilizing it as a health indicator. Ever had a Dr. ask to see your fingernails? This is why...

I'll be back on later... Feel free to comment.

Feb

Comment

Terry's Nails

Hi Feb, thanks for that. The only thing I do know is that when the liver has been damaged it doesnt take too much to damage it again....Maybe its time to quit the alcohol once more?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Terry's Nails

February,

My daughter has a client who discovered his liver was gone when the doctor noticed he no longer had "moons" on his fingernails.

Subsequent testing showed that not only was his liver diseased, it was in horrible shape.

He was not a drinker but had other issues that led to cirrhosis. He has since had a transplant and now has beautiful "moons."

Is that what you are talking about?

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Terry's Nails

You are cert not alone Feb. Welcome to the site. Keep posting and reading. I am on day 1. Again. Theres always a chance to recover. Good luck on your journey.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Terry's Nails

Hi Feb, I'm not supposed to be logged on cos I'm at work but your post struck me because I remembered I had this problem plus many other symptoms but it was due to hyperthyroidism, I no longer need treatment for this, but the evidence still remains, and my nails are still like that to a degree as well as the awful dark rings under my eyes. Still, it is also a sign of cirrhosis and renal failure and I'd get it checked out, especially if you've had bad liver results in the past.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Terry's Nails

February, I don't know about this condition in regards to the liver, but it is also a sign of Thyroid disease. I know this, because I had this condition several years ago and it was due to Hyperthyoidism. You might want to have your thyroid checked as well.

Good luck with this!
                Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Terry's Nails

KateH1;482437 wrote: February, I don't know about this condition in regards to the liver, but it is also a sign of Thyroid disease. I know this, because I had this condition several years ago and it was due to Hyperthyoidism. You might want to have your thyroid checked as well.

Good luck with this!
                  Kate
                  LOL! I'd just posted about this!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Terry's Nails

Funnily enough before I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism I thought it was my liver, cos I did drink a fair bit - and made my decision to be AF for lent because of that.

Comment

Terry's Nails

Here's Terry's Nails.......kind of long Ha! IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Terry's Nails

OOPS! Sorry about the cross-posting Vlad!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Terry's Nails

IAD;482507 wrote: B] Here's Terry's Nails.......kind of long Ha! IAD.[/B]
                          No, no no there not like that!!! :H

More boring like this...

Comment

Terry's Nails

If you have white flecks in your nails, is that a sign of low calcium, or just an old wives tale? was always curious about that
                            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Terry's Nails

Chelle ... I used to get the white flecks in my nails and always thought it was lack of calcium.

Comment

Working...
                              X