Who`s a clever girl???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who`s a clever girl???

:yougo: Am off to bed, so.......telling you now.

2 hrs to go and I`ll have notched up my first day as a non-smoker in almost 26 yrs........this is huge for me........I am shocked.

Took me 7 pieces of the 4mg nicotine gum to get this far.........gum is quite good.......I would say it takes away between 80-90% of the huge cravings. Am proud of myself tonight.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Who`s a clever girl???

(((STAR))))

You rock hon!! And you'll probably lose weight because your jaw will soon be too sore from all the gum chewing to chew food~! I am proud of you:l

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

That is most impressive :lilangel:
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Congratulations, Dearest Star!! I am so happy for you, I know how much you want to rid yourself of this!
        Sweet Dreams!
        xxxKate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

well done Star, it aint easy but its well worth it.

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Star? You would not believe this but I am reading at present a certain book you sent me in the hope that things may alter with my own habitual thinking!!lol A certain member from here is doing the same thing and we are giving one another support etc. I am smoking 4 fags a day at most at present and have done for the past few days. I know how hard you have tried these past few months to give your daughter some 'peace of mind' that you are 'changing' etc. I really hope this is the turning point for you with the fags! I seriously can't believe you are doing this at the same time AGAIN though!! 4 fags max in everyday I progress? I'll be honest with you hon I shared a bottle of wine last night with a friend over dinner and I was 'craving' like fuck for one because of it! Jesus I thought giving up the drink was easy??? No problem but the fags? ARGH! I still got the patches from last year! They will not stick on my arms overnight though so I have to stick them elsewhere!!lol Use your imagination! Oh remember that song!
            [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i9nXEXWlQ5Q]YouTube - Just an illusion - Imagination[/ame]

Go for it girl! I always thought Xmas was never a good time to give up? WHEN IS THERE EVER A GOOD TIME TO GIVE UP? exactly!!

Good luck to you my friend.

Love and Happiness
            Hips
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Best thing I've found at moment is keep yourself busy no matter what. Find jobs to do around the house if your indoors etc. Start cleaning etc do anything? re-arrange your cupboards etc!! DO SOMETHING! DO NOT sit still for a minute! This may sound stupid because of that's what we did when we were drinking etc but take your mind away from 'reality' for a bit! Sounds stupid I know but It is working for me at present! hence why I'm back on here for the night for a few hours to be honest!!!. I had nothing to do etc. I'm gonna go play on the playstation in a minute to take my mind of things and immerse myself in a fantasy world etc. Do whatever it takes Star I mean that. Go and grab some guy off the street and have sex!! be mad just don't have that fag!lol OK I wish I was that guy on the street your grabbing!lol But I haven't got any fags on me OK? Stop it! LET GO! I haven't got any fags??? OK now your hurting me! LET GO! Will ya JUST let GO !!! OUCH! OK HAVE ME FAGS!! BITCH!!

I know how important this is to you Star. I don't mean to make light of your situation. You have tried so hard in the past (as have I). You have more reasons to do this than me at moment. I'm just a fuck up, YOU? You are my star!

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O4nHUAxl6is]YouTube - Stereophonics - You're My Star (official music video)[/ame]

You can do this hon! I'm behind you %100

Love always
              Hips
              xxxxx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

That is fantastic Star. You go girl. I have not smoked for 8 months and it is so good to be free of that. When I gave up first there was a great thread going with other smokers who were giving up and I must say it was a great help. You should get a gang together!
                You can do it!
                BH

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

boozehag;482889 wrote: That is fantastic Star. You go girl. I have not smoked for 8 months and it is so good to be free of that. When I gave up first there was a great thread going with other smokers who were giving up and I must say it was a great help. You should get a gang together!
                  You can do it!
                  BH
                  I would love an NF gang!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Well done Star!!:goodjob:
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Star, you are SO going to do this (as my teenaged niece would say)! You are on your way!
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

I'm so proud of you, Star...

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Star............wow, I am so proud of you - I have never been able to rid myself of that habit - so the gum works eh? I'll have to try it!

Good for you!
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Star, so glad you are kicking the butts! ironically I had a dream just last night that I took up smoking. wtf?

stay strong dear!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Who`s a clever girl???

Star, you really are Da Bomb. If you can be AF, smoking should be easy. I was a 1 1/2 pack a day smoker and one day just put it down and never looked back - that was 30 years ago. Now if was that easy to become AF.........sigh.

:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X