Psoriasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psoriasis

I was just wondering if anybody else here suffers from psoriasis? I have had it for a while now, but lately it is really flaring up. Trying not to get depressed over it.

Twosox

Psoriasis

I have it mildly on my elbows but nothing too bad so far. My grandfather had it really bad so I don't know if that is what is in store for me as not. It got so bad that he was prescribed a tanning bed!

I'm guessing you get a fairly bad case of it as well?
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Psoriasis

I used to have it just on my knees but this past couple of months it has spread all over my legs, arm and hands. I'm hoping staying AF will help and loosing a few pounds.

Twosox

Comment

Psoriasis

I have had it on the elbows for the last few years. It's annoying, but not so embarrassing, living in the great white north, where I don't show my elbows much. Does it have anything to do with alcohol?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Psoriasis

Hi twosox28,
          I have suffered from psoriasis for more than 20 yrs. Pisses me off that many docs don`t properly explain the condition to patients. Firstly, it is NOT a skin condition.......what you see on the skin is merely the symptom, not the cause. Psoriasis is a disorder of the immune system (google T cells).......not as simple as many docs would have you believe........it`s more cost effective not to educate the patient about the condition.

As for all the lotions/potions, topical steroids and heavy duty drugs offered by the medical profession........forget them........treat the skin with a daily application of aqueous cream.......if you faithfully apply it every day......noone would ever know you have psoriasis........the drugs on offer are heavy duty........if it`s the cosmetic side of things you`re mostly concerned about........go with the aqueous cream.......it works and it isn`t even greasy, nor does it smell. (Hospital gave me cade oil once to apply.........b*******........you could smell me from 5 miles away for about a month :H)

Many people try the psoriasis diet (you can google it).........seems pretty extreme to me, considering there is no known cure, although I think they`ve recently had a breakthrough with psoriasis in medical research........something about having to identify a specific defective gene.......unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

There`s no real point in worrying about something we can`t cure, so........trust me........am a real girly girl.........aqueous cream is the biz!!!! :H

Star x
          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Psoriasis

Yes beatle........is also linked to alcohol abuse. My psoriasis first appeared shortly after I first started drinking like a fish...........alcohol weakens the immune system???

Star x
            Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Psoriasis

Thanks Starlight,

I am going to go out and buy the aqueous cream tomorow, if not tonight on-line.

Twosox

Comment

Psoriasis

I have also suffered from it for 30 years and have had almost every treatment around. I to am having a major flare up. Best way for me to control it is to tan.

Heck....I was so bad years back that the hospital took pics and I signed a release to put it in a medical book.......Buck naked............:naked: LOL
                AF Since December 2006

Comment

Psoriasis

I do want to add that cod liver and flax seed oil pills work wonders for psoriasis.
                  AF Since December 2006

Comment

Psoriasis

I have small patches of psoriasis flare up on elbows and knees since i was a kid.
                    My homeopath recommend Cod liver and Flax seed, except I am very allergic to fish (except shellfish) ,I think about 20% of Swedes are ( Strange, huh?).
                    I have seen the aqueous cream recommended before but not sure it is easy to get in the US? It is paraffin based, I think?
                    I think alcohol affects every part of our being so I am not surprised it would make psoriasis worse.
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Psoriasis

Star, thank you so much for your advice. As I said, I only have it on my elbows, not a big deal, but it IS a big deal for many people, including one of my neighbours, a very nice old man (who does like his wine, but I don't think he is an alkie). So I will try the aqueous cream (if I can find it) for both of us.

Jules, here in Scandinavia, at least the country where I live, people who have severe psoraisis are actually sent to Spain, billed to social healthcare, for 2-3 weeks at a time to "tan" (more like burn) as a treatment- My elderly neighbour has gone several times on these government-paid trips. He tells me it is "no fun"-- they have to bake in the hot sun for 8 hours a day.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Psoriasis

I ordered the aqueous cream off ebay, cost around $15.00, mostly of that was on shipping. Can't wait to try it, will let you know how it goes. I think I will also go out and get the flaxseed oil pills. I take omega 3s, so hopefully that will help to. I can't spend to much time tanning, because I get horrible discoloration on my face, which makes my face look dirty.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                        X