Turkey Anyone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Anyone ???

Do any of you Turkeys (meant in the nicest way) still have leftover Turkey ??? We had a 28 lb. one this year. WHY...never again
    Hubby just asked if I wanted a turkey sandwich for lunch ? WHAT there is still turkey in that fridge????
    We have had, so far;
    Turkey Quiche
    Turkey hash
    Turkey ala king
    Turkey salad with grapes ....Not to mention
    TURKEY SOUP !!!
    Any original ideas, or as soon as he's out of the kitchen, we will have
    TURKEY THRASH !!!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Turkey Anyone ???

"The Thanksgiving Cookbook" by Holly Garrison (1991) has some great recipes for turkey leftovers. Two of my favorites are turkey, wild rice and mushroom chowder, and turkey-black bean chili.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Great idea Wally...I even have frozen pie crusts that i didn't use on the Holiday and peas and carrots. I hate to waste it.It was very good (i think) because we brined it

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

CS, Chili would be a different way to use it and make it spicy.
        Now I am not gonna throw any of it out.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Wally is right -- turkey freezes very well. Chop it in cubes, or shred it and use the shredded turkey as enchilada filling. I have kept it in the freezer for at least a year.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Feed it to the dogs!
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Before I became a vegetarian, we made turkey pat?. You can freeze it in small portions and take it out during the week for sandwich spreads.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

what's turkey a la king ?
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

No dogs in the house Cycle...Only "Rosie the Cat" and she will only eat tender vittles out a cut Glass goblet...

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

I was Veg. for 2 years, Beatle but being raised in a Swedish meat market has left me forever craving MEAT so I gave in. Never made a turkey pate but I have some frozen Chicken livers that would give it a good start.
                    So many great ideas that there is not gonna be enough to freeze.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Chelle, chicken (or turkey) a la king is a creamed chicken dish, usually with celery, mushrooms and pimientos in the sauce, served over toast points or rice. Classic, old-school ladies-who-lunch dish, or bad cafeteria food, depending on how you look at it. I love it, personally! Comfort food. I used to buy Stouffer's frozen version when I was in college.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Chelle, CS gave my recipe pretty darn close except i updated it alittle with roasted red peppers, instead of pimentos and added leftover corn and Lima beans.

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

sounds yum! will have to check the recipe
                          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Anyhoo....
                            Howabout Turkey n mushroom Stroganoff?

Comment

Turkey Anyone ???

Good one, Chelle....I know an easy stroganoff with cream of mushroom soup as base

Comment

Working...
                              X