MARRIAGE PROBLEMS SINCE GOING AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear that TW. Please keep strong and positive. I know it's hard, but I am glad your wife is being supportive. Life is full of ups and downs things hopefully will pick up soon for you.

Best of luck.

Mich
    :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I can understand why a wife may not like the Sober Husband. When I stopped drinking, I went back to my old self. Happy and smiling for the first time in many many years.

I now have drive and responsibility. I'm almost like an animal sometimes when it comes to getting shit done. I expect a lot out of myself.

My wife has slacked off in many aspects of our life because of my drink. I was too far gone to notice anything. I'm sure she is scared to death now because I am taking care of myself and she is not. She does not drink but is just very unhealthy now. I worry about her and try not push her.

I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing now and want her to also. I try and set an example now for her. I know she is happy that i'm doing so well but is scared because I have awakened. I understand this now and spend every day trying to be the best husband I can be. We lost a lot of years to my drink and its time to get them back.
      Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

HI. Congrats for trying to change your life for the better.
        I didn't read all of the many responses to you but, I am thinking there is a chance she thinks you won't need her anymore if you are sober and capable.
        Also, not knowing your sex life while you were drunk, if your sex life is dwindling now she may prefer you drunk as long as you guys can get busy... Her putting wine in your dinner was an indication she was trying to get the old you back.
        It is difficult, you are changing her life as she has known it for the past 10 years. I know this really your thing but as partners, she is going through it with you.
        Pull through together If you love her and she loves you, you can make it together.

Comment

Working...
        X