Not fitting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not fitting in

Hi tawny - great thought! Do you go in there much? I floundered around in there a couple of times, but got a bit lost! Must check it out again soon. Hope all good with you
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Not fitting in

kaponium;484245 wrote: hi akgirl - me too with the PM thing - it's grand! We are a sensitive lot (as a rule) and I find it easy to feel "left out" . I am really glad hopeful brought this subject up, I realise it had been on my mind. I love the site, and am goind to stick to three sites for now....ODAT, Monthly AF, And Daily AF. Be nice to get to know you a bit better....what is your time zone? Here it is 4.55pm Wednesday.
      Hi Kap,

If it is me you were asking it's 7:10pm Tues. Nice to"meet" you.

Hopeful has brought up a subject that has been mentioned before. When we are going through something like this and reaching out it is easy to feel that way. You just have to give it some time.

:l
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Not fitting in

Thanks for that ak - time is of the essence, I totally agree. It's like anything new...job, relationship etc - you got to put in, in order to get out - two way street etc. I'm a-lovin this site - glad you are in the evening time zone - nice to meet you too!

Comment

Not fitting in

Hi Kap - no - I don't go in there much because at this time of day I'm still supposed to be working. (har har har) Nice to see another Kiwi here.

Comment

Not fitting in

I do prefer this style of posting, don''t really sit at puter for long times. Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to "gettin to know you" better, as it were.

Comment

Not fitting in

Do what I did when I came here.....make someone notice you....I did start a thread too........ people will join in honey.....there are new people joining everyday....just like you. If you need support, please ask.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Not fitting in

Hiya Hopeful,
                I can understand how you feel, this is such a big site and so many people but you have received some great advice, I sometimes still feel a bit lost and I have been here a while. I think its something to do with being an over sensitive alkie :-)
                Just jump in wherever you like, and keep doing it and use PMs. We need each other on this journey since we tend to isolate ourselves through drinking anyway...
                There are some daily threads that might help with your goals and the army thread is more like a chit chat and you would be welcome in all of them.
                Take care
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Not fitting in

Don't worry you are doing fine. I too felt like that. Thought 'why am I posting on a website?' Why am I talking to a computer. I have said some pretty rubbish things on these posts when I have been drunk and angry. Do you know what? People have been kind to me and understood. That then shows me it is not a website, but people and like a written AA. You should post, whatever you feel, not swearwords like me when I have had one too many. But things that are relevant to you. AS FOR CONNECTION I am sure you will in time, when you realise how lovely some of these people are. Their words are profound and wise most of all really helpful. I get solace from it. I hope you do.:l:h

Comment

Not fitting in

Also, maybe you should frequent the Just Starting Out forum for a while first. I think there are many more people at a similar place as you in that forum.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Not fitting in

Hi Hopeful Mom, sorry you feel that way, I felt that way for a long time. Like you I am also a Christian, but from the northeast of the us and a hopeful Mom of three. If you ever want to chat, let me know?

After awhile you will feel just fine, I did, can't get enough of this place now.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                      X