Psssst, guys..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psssst, guys..........

LVT25;485802 wrote: I'll never understand why it's so hard to quit such a filthy stinky habit!!

Keep it up!!
    Ditto! Makes no sense, does it? We're planning on quitting together after the holidays - I can't wait to rid myself of yet another addiction!

Excellent, Star - you're doing just awesome! So, the gum really works, huh?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Star I'm mega proud of you hon. :l

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Hi Star, many congratulations to you my girl!
        I havent had a cig either since July....but I do chew a lot of the gum....
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Great news, Star! That is hard to do but you are out of the woods almost now. After the first week it's much easier. I quit about 10 years ago, it definitely feels good!
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

HEY STAR!!!

Haven't been on here much (well, reading, not posting) but HAVE to respond to this!!! I am SOOO excited for you!!! I know how hard this quitting the cig thing has been for you. I did it the way you are....with the nic. gum. Really helped me at the beginning. After the physical withdrawls are over (doesn't take too long) it is the behavioral habit that can be tough. BUT, I just kept chewing that gum til I thought my jaw would fall off, and eventually, got tired of that and moved on as a non-smoker!!! Oh, I also would cut straws to cig. length to "smoke" when I felt desperate. Just letting you know what helped me out. I am sooo happy for you. You so deserve this!! Oh, your daughter must be so happy, too!!

Keep it up. You will stop missing it, I promise. (now, if I could apply this to my drinking....lol)

Love you

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Good job Star...after everything you've been through, giving up cigs should be easy :goodjob:

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Thanks for all your kind wishes. It`s really nice to feel that you`re supporting me.

I have posted so many quit dates in the past.........am surprised you didn`t give up on me ever managing to do it........thanks for standing by me.

Negative thinking caused me to repeatedly fail........I never even managed 24 hrs. fag free before. But I now understand how negative thinking can actually imprison us. I`m not certain, but I think it was at MWO that I first read how cigarettes are reputedly more addictive than heroin. When I read that fact (???), I embraced the idea.......I latched onto that idea.......it gave me an excuse.........allowed to me justify failing to quit smoking over and over again.

I realised that I would have to ditch that negative attitude if I had any chance of quitting smoking, much similar to when I quit drinking.........I had to think 100% positively and actually BELIEVE that I could get through that first day without a fag/drink.

Anyway, am now on my 5th day of no smoking, and.........I already know that I will not smoke today. I said that the gum takes care of 80/90% of the craving when it hits, which it does do. But it is still not "a walk in the park".......there are periods during the course of the day when I would really like a fag, but I just pop a gum at those times and comfort myself with the thought that it will get easier over time, just as it became easier to live AF as time went by.

There are still fleeting moments in my life when I think a chilled glass of sparkling white would be simply sensational, BUT........I wouldn`t dream of having one. I believe that time will allow my no fags policy to become just as rock solid as my no drink one.

The worst thing at this stage?........hell, I keep forgetting I`ve quit and the "time for a fag" thought pops into my head!!! :H

The best things so far?........my house is no longer shrouded in a veil of stale smoke, I am so much more productive (am half way through painting the living room from top to bottom in time for Christmas), and also, and this is a weird one..........I seem a lot happier/less depressed

Anyway, am doing great with this........am beginning to see myself as a very strong woman.......thinking myself useless had almost become second nature. Quitting drinking and now quitting smoking........it`s almost like re-inventing myself, and.........I`m liking what I`m seeing. I think anything is possible now.........

I`ve gone on and on and on about this on the boards ad nauseam the last few days :H I am sorry, it`s just that.........I`ve smoked 20 a day for all of 26 yrs.........this is an enormous achievement for me, and.........I can still barely believe that I am doing this. I WAS such a "dedicated" smoker!!!! Humour me please........I`m soooooooooooo happy!!!!!! :H

Star x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Star....YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

Like you, i too am a non smoker.... I gave up 15 yrs. ago, after many attempts...Like the grog, i found i just needed to keep the vision in the front of my mind as to why i wanted to stop....I don't think about it anymore....Doesn't bother you after a while....I'm hoping after long term af, it'll be similar!
                  Awesome work...Keep going....G.xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Way to go Star!!!
                    I know how hard it is. I am with Kap. I can only do one demon at a time right now. I am very proud of you. Stay strong.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

I am sooooo Happy for you.
                      I bet food tastes better and the air smells cleaner...Good job, I know that it is not easy !!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

I'll bet you smell good, too.....

Don

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Star congratulations I did reverse order I quit smoking first, but I have been cig free for 17 mos. now and haven't even regretted one day, no relapses at all so here's to ya. There will be times when you will be so grateful and you will not believe you will be thinking them like on very frosty cold days when you think "man I am so glad I am not outside shivering just so I can smoke", or when you get off an airplane and think "thank god I am not searching frantically for the smoker's lounge." Oh yes, to be smoke free is a wonderful life style but you never think it is when you are a smoker. Congratulations to you!
                          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Thanks for your support.

Am going to stop boring you all with this now :H

I am almost a week smoke-free now. I know it would only take a single fag to ruin this for me........am not falling for that one.

I am a non-smoker.........PERIOD.

Star x

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Good one Star:goodjob:
                              You are a champ!
                              Bet your self esteem is
                              feeling just great now.
                              It does get better with
                              every day.:lPan

Comment

Psssst, guys..........

Cheers Pan. :l

Just entered my 2nd week as a non-smoker now. I`ll post an update in a few weeks to let you know I`m still going strong :H

Star x

Comment

Working...
                                X