Hangover cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangover cure?

Gel could be of interest to people who want to reduce harmful impacts without giving up alcohol completely, researchers suggest

Hi Kev,

Interesting concept but I have to wonder a few things. 1. Alcohol is a neurotoxin, how will this gel lessen the toxic brain effects?
    2. If someone is going to drink alcohol why would they not want the full effect? Seems pointless to me.

Glad I quit entirely 15 years ago & don’t have to waste my time, money & health on this stuff.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Assume it may take the edge off the hangover. Don't always want the full effect.

Comment

2. If someone is going to drink alcohol why would they not want the full effect? Seems pointless to me.
        Ya exactly, I don't get this at all. If it neutralizes the Al before it enters your blood stream, what's the point? You might as well drink 0% beer or mocktails. Or if you only want to get mildly drunk and not hunover, just drink less, it's not rocket science. I suppose maybe for people that can't help themselves, it might have some use, similar to the way naltrexone blocks alchohols pleasurable effects.

Comment

The best hangover cure is to not drink period.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftyAlison0 View Post
            The best hangover cure is to not drink period.
            What about the 2nd best option?

People need help sometimes.. science is the answer.

We already have headache pills etc .

Comment

Working...
            X