Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 5th December 2008

Good Morning everyone...

There seems to have been so much negativity on the site lately, I for one have found it quite distressing.
    I totally understand that with so many people batlling so many problems feelings are bound to run high at times.
    For our own sakes (and this is something i am learning, but really struggling with) we need to step back a bit, understand where others are coming from and try not to be judgemental. Balancing support without judgement can be really tough too.
    The friends I have met here have been totally instrumental in my recovery, I dont think I have ever had friends as close as the ones I have made here. Without them (you), I know my recovery either wouldn't have happened or been much tougher than it is.
    What I think I am trying to say is that I need this place, but nothing can come in between me and my sobriety, I cant afford to let it.
    Kapo, Wish, you are both relatively new, we need and value your thoughts, opinions and support here. Please dont let these recent events cloud your judgement of this site.

I dont know if I am making any sense, just felt the need to spout a bit...

Have a lovely, peaceful and sober day all.
    See you later xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

morning starts, like I said last night I have made such wonderful friends here that have helped me through some tough times. I look forward each day to coming here. I understand that there will be negatvitey here sometimes but that would not stop me coming here.

I just checked my bank balance and my boss has not paid me my full amount. Doesn't he realize it's nearly Christmas! Not going to let it get me down.

Hope everyone has a good day.

(sorry for any spelling mistakes, using the iPod to send this)

Wish fx

Comment

Good morning Trooper's!...Happy Friday to everyone...It's early evening here, and the w/kend has begun....You beauty!! Hope the day is an easy one for all.
      Starter's. Of course, this is a public forum, so, as in life, people will be people. I hope all can focus and still enjoy all the wonderful positives around here. And you are a very valued contributor.....G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all, hope everyone is well. I finally got a fairly decent sleep last night! x

Comment

I love your avatar Sweetgum
          Very magical!

Comment

Aloha intrepid army! Starty - thanks for your PM reply, Wishy, you are a positive awesome gal - loving your posts, great to see you gat and sweet!! Here's to sobriety!

Well I am not long home from an awesome AAmtg - some dam good laughs at the expense of our former selves!!
            Peaceful night for me tonight, I start new job in morning (weekend chef at a funky wee cafe that - WAIT FOR IT - is NOT licensed! Man, not many of those about any more!
            Looking forward to posting and reading here before bed over the next hour or two

Oh, Hi panadol - very familiar with you in the past (name-wise lol - though eventually I upgraded to Opiate!)
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

God luck with the new job Kap x

Comment

Ah its great to see you all here....Wishy, Mr G, Kap, Panny and Sweets. Warms the cockles of my heart :-)
                Now I REALLY am late....gotta run
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

See ya starts - hope your day a wee ripper

Thanks for that kind wish, sweets - how you doing?

Comment

I'm doing ok thanks, I find checking in here everyday really helps. The real test will be over christmas though, always a difficult time but I hope that if I stay with you guys i'll be ok

Comment

You are dead right there, Sweets. I am fortunate at Christmas time - I have not drank at this time of year for over ten years, as I love being with family (it doesn't hapapen often) and there is NO WAY I could drink like I do around them. They would FREAK if they saw me drinking for a start, and that would ruin their CHristmas. Oh, they are all big social drinkers and LOVE partying up, but I just DON'T stop you see!!!! Anyway - please feel free to PM me at any stage over the festive season. Experience, strength and hope are vital in early recovery. And UNITY!!
                      Bless

Comment

Good morning army.
                        Great to see so many positive vibes running through the thread tdy. Really is very warming.
                        Like sweet i had a good nights sleep, though it always takes me ages to nod off. Wish puts her head on the pillow and is gone, while it takes me ages. Could be due to the fact that our bed share ratio is about 70-30 in her favour mind!
                        Having a nice healthy brek and coffee and having a read of the paper.
                        Have a super duper day/night all.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Good morning Cy....I'm glad you've finally had a good sleep! You sound very well. Hi Sweet's and Pan and Wish and all to come.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

And a very good evening to you Mr G. So you gonna see any bands this weekend?
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Aloha Cym - a good sleep is a very wonderful thing, not to be taken lightly! Lookin forward to sharing some recipes with you before long....got a busy weekend coming up, but, fear not!!! We shall get the ball rolling before toooooo dam long. Wishing you a fantastic day in your sober part of paradise!

Comment

Working...
                              X