Access issues and forum moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I see what I'm up against........no use into trying to get into any kind of a relevent conversation. I'm out of here........IAD. ( Thank you Tiresias........for not taking me literally )
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tiresias;490368 wrote: ...miss the posters' actual points and concerns -- wanting a place to feel free to express views without fear of repercussions...
      Tiresias - I don't mean to miss IAD's point. I just think that there are many who are letting their fears get the better of them before actually giving this whole thing a chance. Change is scary, especially when the change will affect a site that we all love/need so much.

I think some of the problem is that folks think they CAN feel free to express views without fear of repercussions.

Dx
      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Determinatrix;490393 wrote: Tiresias - I don't mean to miss IAD's point. I just think that there are many who are letting their fears get the better of them before actually giving this whole thing a chance. Change is scary, especially when the change will affect a site that we all love/need so much.

I think some of the problem is that folks think they CAN feel free to express views without fear of repercussions.

Dx
        I don't think there is any real need for much more discussion on it. I was just pointing out that, in my view, the concerns and feelings expressed have been expressed sincerely, and not out of proportion to the value placed on such things by the posters making their views known. When I am told I am making much ado about nothing I tend to stiffen a bit, as I like to think I mostly know about what I value, and especially when things really haven't played out yet.

I have been mainly a dedicated reader at this site, and all I can say is that 99+% of what I have seen indicates that the posters here do feel free to express their views without fear of repercussions -- and that they should feel that way, as they express nothing that would warrant any. I anticipate and hope that will continue and that that is how things will play out.

Comment

Wally22;490416 wrote: Hi Tiresias
          Not to hijack the thread, but what made you choose the name of the blind seer? It's such an interesting choice. Are you a fan of the greek tragedies?
          That was the source of the name, although after having remembered him as the blind prophet guy ... I have since been reminded by a kind soul here that there is more to his story than just that. But I'll keep the name, anyway.

And yes, I am indeed a fan of the old plays, and the mythology stuff, although I've put a good deal of time and distance between myself and any expertise.

Comment

I see the debate has continued!
            I think those who are concerned fear that we will not be able to ever use a swear word or be provocative.

Someone else said the moderators should act only in extreme circumstances, which is what we already had. like if racial slurs were made or someone actually was an imposter, up to now someone would act.

We need middle ground. We need to be able to swear now and then but not open the site up and see a lot of aggressive drunken threads with c*** and wankers in subject heads.

We need someone to delete drunken aggressive threads without kicking the originator off the site, in my opinion.

And we need to protect good members from unfair completely nasty attacks. We have lost TONS of people as a result of these.

Why are so many accepting this without thinking? Because it's already gone too far for anyone who stuck around through all the nastiness.

I hope we can find middle ground!!
            Some good, clear guidelines for moderators and members should help.

Comment

Sometimes swears are fun, unless it is directed at someone...then it is very bad

Comment

Working...
              X