Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life goes on, and gets better.

Hey all,
    So I've been AF since Oct. 27th, except for 2 slips, and my life is so much better now. Wow what a difference a month can make. Here's the coolest part. My dad and his wife we're big time whiskey drinkers. Within the last couple of weeks they have stopped drinking whiskey and only drink a couple of beers a day. This makes me so happy!!! Now I can visit with my kids and feel good that good examples are there too. I didn't ask them to stop, they just made the decision on their own. I would like to think me stopping kind of inspired them, but whatever their reason, Im Overjoyed. I have already gotten my Christmas present- a more functional family.
    Anyone else excited about their sobriety? Who's with me?:H
    MM

Hey MM - am with you 10000000000000% !!! Awesome positive post...ain't life grand sober! Thanks for the thread starter - Life on life's terms for me today!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

That is wonderful news MM!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I Treasure my sobriety. So happy for you and your family.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am totally excited for mine!!! Only Day 6 here but things are definately better. And you are part of the reason MM! You are a wonderful friend to me and I appreciate it so much. You are a great Mom and your family is lucky to have you.

:l
          Ak
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

That is GREAT news AA! Wow, has it been that long already? I remember you from your first posts. You sure sound in a much better place now. How good it must feel to have inspired someone. By helping yourself, in turn you have helped 2 others! Wow!

I went to a Christmas party last night. It was at a resturant and wine was flowing in ABUNDANCE. It smelled good, I must admit and I had to keep covering my glass when the waiter came around. There was ONE lady in particular whom had a BIT TOO MUCH to drink. I told my husband I felt embarrassed for her and he told me, that she is NOTHING compared to how I used to be. I was MORTIFIED, but THANKFUL I wasn't her that night (FOR ONCE!)

Thank you for the post. It reinforces what our goal is and it's HUGE rewards!

Mich
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I'm really happy for you MM! I'm hoping my sobriety will inspire my hubby soon!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

YEAH!!!!!!!!!
                I LOVE GOOD NEWS!

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                X