I don't want to drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to drink

*copied from the Monthly Abs section as I can't figure out how to move my miss posted post LOL*

Late check in today. Day 19 AF.

Drinking 7-UP and ice, with a nice big wedge of lime. I am trying to convince myself this is a wonderful replacement, positive affirmations and all. Considering my husband is in the other room watching hockey and drinking beer, I think I am doing ok...so far.

I rented two movies tonight, Diminished Capacity with Matthew Broderic and Alan Alda, and Red Corner with Richard Gere. Got some chips made some dip...got some pretzels, my pop, and tea...so why is it I feel like I am missing something by not being able to crack a beer?

I know I won't stop at 3 or 4. I will drink until passout. I DON"T want to do that.

I will feel hung over tomorrow, and I have to open the store, and work alone for 8 solid hours. I DON'T want to feel shitty at work.

7 out of 10 times when I drink in the last 5 years or so, I fight with my husband, basically blaming him for every shitty thing in my life, even if he isn't responsible for it all. (another post, won't delve into my relationship) I DON'T want to be a bitch tonight.

My kids are all staying at friends tonight. I would like a more romantic evening, but he is drinking beer watching hockey, so that isn't going to happen. But I DON'T want to drink, just because I am disappointed things didn't work out as I'd hoped.

HA...bugger you AL.....you loser, cause even if I could, I DON'T WANT TO DRINK.
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

I don't want to drink

Wally, Thanks for the congratulations! some I think, are in order for you as well, seeing as you are around day 22 today?? GOOD JOB!

You are right, some guys don't get it. It is a shame really, but if he is going to smell of beer, I really don't want near him in "that" way any how...blech.

You are bang on about the thoughts and urges...they are just that...and they DO pass...some times it can take hours (like the other evening, when it reduced me to frustrated tears), or like tonight when it comes in little niggling waves that irritate and make me think, but don't hit too hard.

Thank you for the invite to the newbies nest. I am not sure what I have to offer, as 19 days isn't much in the scheme of things...but to me personally it is huge! :H Best in a decade, or more!

Comment

I don't want to drink

I can understand that Wally, and I remember clearly why I stopped, and am reminded daily!....well I am off to watch my first movie, starting with Red Corner, I sure hope it is good.
      I will look into the Newbies Nest tomorrow after work, and say hi.
      Have a wonderful evening!

K

Comment

I don't want to drink

19 days AF is something to be proud of!
        Congrats Keeta!!.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I don't want to drink

Good for you Keeta!! Stay strong. See you in the "Nest"
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
          X