The broken Ornament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The broken Ornament

WELL DANG I am pissed! I am decorating taking out all my ornaments getting ready for kids to come home tomorrow to do the tree....the year Billy died my good friend gave me a very special angel ornament it glows different colors and turns on the tree in his memory...it is BROKEN...I guess I didn't wrap it good enough. OK...deep breath...I sat down cried for awhile mainly cause I am trying not to just FUNK out over holidays. It is a freaking ornament!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will go find us a new one today!!!! Is so funny to me the excuses we let ourselves have to drink and just ball up and veg out. It is an ornament! It isnt like he lives in the darn thing...LOL So, regrouped and finishing up now but wanted to share my story....many many time...this would have been a trip to the store for booze and I would have spent the rest of the day looking at pictures saying poor me and holding my broken angel ornament like a sad soul. May not have made it to work til Wednesday or Thursday I would have been so depressed. Really it is keeping it in perspective.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

The broken Ornament

Britt, it is just an ornament, not him. Maybe this happened for a reason like to tell you to break from the past. Your doing great and I love you for it.
    hugs
    Mare

Comment

The broken Ornament

That was my point Mar....I felt rather silly after crying over it......

Comment

The broken Ornament

Just found out my daughter isnt coming over after cooking a roast and having my aunty over...ALARM BELLS! But after 10 mins stressing, i sat down, had a tea and thought about it. I can cook another roast. There will be other weekends, and it will be nice to wake tmr with a clear head.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

The broken Ornament

Good for you CY...and yes there will!!!!! We are gonna beat this! Stopping the abuse on our bodies will give us many more Christmas's and many more weekends to cook roast with those we love!

Comment

The broken Ornament

Hi Britt
            I totally get why you might cry over something like that- I attach sentimental stuff to things like that too. I had a friend who passed away and he had given me a beautiful glass ball ornament. I broke it. I cried. And then I picked up the pieces. I got myself a small, clear plastic box and put the pieces in it. I put a string on it and I still put it on the tree. My friend would have laughed his ass off and every year it makes me smile.
            -Sheep

PS- and good on ya even more for not going to the store!

Comment

The broken Ornament

Sheep that is HYSTERICAL! I just can't bring myself to hang a broken to bits onrnament.., but that makes me laugh too.

Comment

The broken Ornament

You all are doing so great keeping it all in perspective today! Thanks for these posts, it is a good reminder from you all to not sweat the small stuff.
                Sheep, love the broken ornament hanging there ~ Brittz, hang yours up! It doesn't need to be perfect to still be special.:l
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

The broken Ornament

Brit.....good for you not going for the bottle! I totally get why this would be upsetting, but, I agree with Simey, perhaps this is a sign for you to break from the past and begin anew!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

The broken Ornament

You have come such a long way Brittzak......You are a strong lady. XXXXXX

Comment

Working...
                    X