Army thread Sunday 7 December 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - starting this brilliant thread up for all you who will be awakening before too long. It is 6.05pm Sunday here, so I am grateful for another day won.

Day two at my new job and it is going well. I posted on another thread earlier (when I got home) how there were a lot of 'happy couples' in the caff today, and I felt quite down for a bit, missing my Vea, and a bit boringly self-pitiful. I recieved an AWESOME and encouraging PM from one of our lot, and the gratitude and lightness I felt upon reading it was huge! This site and all of you are so very helpful. I may not have drunk over it (today) but I could well have let the boring comfort of misery envelop me...It has left!! I am back to my usual cheery self, thinking positive, knowing I am off for another visit next Sunday (Only 7 more sleeps) LOL...Also on the positive side - the wonderful, loving letters I receive from Vea daily are something I hold on to (could be GREAT ammo for future reference LOL).

Anyway - welcome to Sunday the 7th December, soldiers! Look forward to catching you all at some stage before I pass out from exhaustion later!

K
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Hi There Kapo
    You sound so upbeat and positive!
    Thank you for your good spirits and positivity
    it really rubs off on everyone else too. I feel
    very uplifted by reading your thread and realise
    I have a lot to be thankful for.
    Great that your new job is working out for you
    it sure helps having a job you can ( almost lol)
    look forward to.
    I'm actually a Kiwi in kangaroo clothing, I was
    from the middle of the North Island but have
    lived in Oz for the past 10 years or so. Will
    be going back for a holiday in January and I'm
    so looking forward to that, Love my homeland.
    Well have a good afternoon evening Kapo and keep
    up those great spirits! You're well on your way.
    :lPan

Comment

Am I the only one in this Army who works crazy hours??lol
      Hello to anyone who may be out there.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I cannot say that I work crazy hours, but I am awake searching this sight for support and encouragement. I have fallen off the beaten path and am struggling to get back on an AF road. Sometimes is so hard to know where to jump in. I guess this is where I will start (again). I am thankful to be going to bed knowing no hangover for me tomorrow. It was a nice night. I hope I find the strength to continue.. I am glad to back on MWO. Thanks for the thread...
        God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Welcome back Spirit
          I am glad that you are here. You will get lots of support from the Army when they all wake up. I just worked 3pm-12am, so have not unwound yet.

Comment

It is still Sat. night here, and I am up late. I don't usualy post on this thread. Iwas kind of settling in, but baby woke up at 1 AM with fever and discomfort. He is taken care of, but Iam not, I suppose. But that's ok. Nighters.

Comment

Hi CS
              So nice to have you here. I am sorry that the baby is sick. I hope he feels better soon. Get some rest if you can.:l

Comment

Thanks Sea. I think he is OK. So hard when our babies are sick. I am going to bed as well -- way too late. Nighters!

Comment

Hi CS, Spirit, Sea, and Panadol!! Great to be here -

Spirit, the struggle IS worth it, and once the decision to get back on the path is made, well it's often a calming result that follows. I used to say to myself a lot: 'will I (drink/use) - won't I ', today - and Just For Today, I choose not to drink and drug. My life has become a peaceful sort of exciting - if that makes any sense. It is SOOOO very worth it to be free of active addiction today.

CS, there is nothing much more disabling than a sick young one/AND lack of sleep - peace to you...

Sea - always awesome to see your atavar and therefore know you are about!!

Yay for recovery. I have just got home from an AA meeting (there's nothing like a LIVE show!!) The topic was Acceptance - I remember being court directed (drink-driving) in 1997 to my first rehab, and the RELIEF I found there upon finding out that I was an alcoholic, and not some crazy, demented evil loony! Up until then, I thought an alcoholic was a park-benching no-hoper, and therefore "not moi, by God!" Have since had much education about this cunning, baffling powerful disease, and am not struggling nearly so much with the stigma any more.

X K

Comment

Morning all, Great to see so many feeling positive. I've had a mare of a morning and it's only 8am! I can't get to work as i can't get the car out of the street due to ice. Everything is white and it's freezing. Just phoned my boss to let him know i will be late and he was cool with it. He said to turn up whenever. Got such a busy day today and really needed to be in early but there isn't anything i can do about it, so might as well have another coffee! Yay, more coffee!!

Kapo .... You are such a positive person and a real inspiration to many. So glad your enjoying your new job.

Morning to everyone else xx

Comment

Hi there Wishy - lovely to see you! Thanks for being here! Coffee....ahhhhhhhh - the bliss of a good cup of coffee! Am sipping away too. Sounds diabolical weather wise where you are. You, too, are an inspiration to me, Wish and I adore darling Jiminy Cricket!

Comment

The sun is coming out now so hopefully the ice will melt a bit. Never thought i'd here myself say this but i really need to get to work!! There is cleaning to be done.

Cy says that my avatar looks like christmas snot! LOL

I will try and post a pic of the ice here. It's unreal!

Comment

Take care on the ice, wish - have a great working day x

Comment

Thanks Kapo, will do.

Night sweetie xx

Comment

Morning all. Lovely to see lots of new faces here ....
                              Kapo what a beautiful and positve thread to wake up to! Love it!
                              It really makes such a difference you know..happiness is contagious isnt it?
                              I know about those down feelings and something small can kick them into touch in a heartbeat cant it?
                              Wishy its minus 1 here too! Looks beautiful but oh my word its cold!
                              Off to walk the pooches now...hope i can stay upright...
                              See you later x
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X