• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Sunday 7 December 08

right , im off, see you all tomorrow.

Comment

rubywillow;489301 wrote: LTG, I know it just feels good to be home with your things. I've missed you, and I know lots of others have commented about you being gone too. You didn't know you were so important to us, did you?
      Yes, Ruby, just to be with my things, my photos, and my kitty cats...LOL!!

I missed chatting with y'all. I could not take my supps and had only my husbo and daughter to talk to about AF support. They kept trying to give me drugs - which I refused!
      I used ice packs instead for my legs, which did not help much. They kept saying "oh, take this or that, just this once - it's a controlled environment here". I know if I had taken anything, I would have drank when I came home. I just know it. And it's in my file about all the drugs because AL abuse in the past. Crazy...
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

see ya leeky slimebag
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Night Leeky!
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

People really dont understand addiction do they LTG?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Ditto re the walking/madness, starts...My day just begun here, 8.30am Monday...

Cym - The lookout just called the "gun emplacement" lol , boring as but HELL, what can you expect - the TOWN I live in is called GREYMOUTH, shite - I ASK you!!!

LTG - sincere thoughts and prayers with you honey. Your situation sounds very scary. TRY TRY TRY to keep positive. God, I know that must sound lame. SOrry. Thinking of you.
              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Night Limers - sleep tight

Comment

enjoy the choir leeky
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!! I know you all understand and care :h

Now, back to Christmas. Ruby, I like your holiday thread. We need to start sharing recipes. It will be fun to see what's around the world!

Kap, what kind of traditions do you have in sunny NZ that are different from our cold place ones?
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

GOD - Back in May of this year, Vea and I had an horriffic motorbike accident, we were both extremely drunk, no helmets etc. This is why he is in prison. ANyway, when I regaind consciousness, I couldnt feel my legs. They gave me morph in A & E, and as soon as I was transferred to a ward, I was into my vodka. F**KING MADNESS - that is alcoholism. I couldnt walk for two weeks. IT was very scary. It is a miracle we both survived. THe MADDEST part of all was I continued drinking on and off til very recently.
                      Thank you all for your support and LTG - you must have incredible reserves of strength to refuse the pain relief. I admire you.

Comment

Often we have bbqs on CHristmas day, otherwise it is fairly standard! Trees, carols, pressies, booze, Lalalalala.

Comment

Thanks, Kap. It was hard as hell but hey, I am not drinking today!!! I knew from past experience that I would have lapsed so perhaps that memory is strong than I realized
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

BBQ would work here Texas, if the weather is not too bad...LOL!! What do you BBQ?
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

kebabs, chops (my kids ADORE chops!) saussies, savoury meat patties.......oodles of salads. My home is firmly alcohol and drug free, so that is good too!

Comment

P.S - I bet you have a gorgeous accent , being from Texas, LTG!

Comment

Working...
                                X