HOLIDAY DIARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLIDAY DIARY

We have always left a sherry and mince pie out for santa. In the house i grew up in we had 2 huge fire places at each end of a big hall, and i used to look up them on Christmas eve to make sure that santa would be able to get down them o.k!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

So great, love it! That's what I want to know, what everyone wants to know, what are we doing each day toward Christmas. Cym, your 'sherry and mince pie' is priceless!! LOL My parents wouldn't even know where to find sherry. And Brit, I'd forgotten the 'bites' from the cookies and reindeer food! Oh, its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

When we were growing up it was cookies and milk for Santa. Now, with Hanna it's cheese for Santa...LOL!!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

We never opened any gifts on Christmas Eve. Always had to wait until Christmas morning, I followed the same tradition with my kids. My folks would make us sit on the stair steps and wait in suspense, just popping at the seams, until they made coffee, got the camera ready, put on music, fisnished up the final touches, such as turning on toys (trains and electrical gadgets) Oh it was great fun!!! Again, made my kids do the same thing when small. They would wake us up, just after it seemed that we had gotten in bed, wanting to see if Santa had come. When they hits their teens, would couldn't get them out of bed. LOL!
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

My brother and i used to have a string going from our rooms to where our presents were. On christmas morning i used to love waking up early and seeing the string outside my bedroom door knowing it was leading to our presents. I would sit there from about 4 in the morning waiting to follow that string!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

Great thread. That story is so sweet Cy! That would be so much fun!

I have made cookie plates already. I buy a Christmas looking plate and fill it with homemade baked goods wrapped in cellaphine and give it to close friends and for my husband's work. The smell of the house after the baking is to die for!

We have all but our tree to finish, but that will be done tonight.

We don't open our gifts until Christmas morning. My Mom used to buy me Christmas PJ's. I forgot about that until someone else just posted it. Thanks for rewinding my memory in my head for me! I remember dark green footed PJ's for some reason!

Not sure what we will be doing for Christmas Eve. It used to involve AL for me, but not this year! I have one Christmas where I had such a hangover, I had to keep leaving from opening gifts to go PUKE!!! The pictures tell the story. I looked like the reindeers dragged me in through the chimeny! Glad those days are behind me.

Mich
              :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
              AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

Hi Michaela! Can you post some of your recipes? Thank you :h
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

LTG where do I post them? Recipe corner?
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

I make pumpkin bread, but have a tin that looks like tiny flower desgins. I invert them and sprinkle powdered sugar on top to look like snow.

I also make the oatmeal cookies and the Toll House Chocolate cookies from the recipe on their bag.
                    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

Michaela, I'm a Toll House GIRL myself.
                      Great thread Rubes.
                      I was at the outlet mall in Orlando and got some GREAT SMELLING candles.Ginger snap, Maple walnut and Bayberry.I don't think the Bayberry compliments the ginger and Maple so I think it will go up in my Bedroom.
                      Candles are so comforting. Especially here in the South where most houses don't have Fireplaces.
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

I just remembered a Christmas when we covered the DOORS to the great room with wrapping paper. That way, the kids had to actually tear thru the wrapping to get thru the doors. We didn't wrap many gifts, tho, and they told us (they were in their early teens) they didn't like that - they wanted to UNWRAP the gifts. For those parents with teens who don't act like they care, just tell them you're skipping Christmas one year and wait. They will not like it!!!
                        sigpic
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

Just ordered a bunch of puzzles for my grandsons. It's so wonderful to watch them grow through their interests. I actually know what a Webkinz is now! That's what one granddaughter is into. Any suggestions for a 12-yr-old girl that won't shock me into dementia?
                          sigpic

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

Hi Michaela!
                            Yes, the recipe corner would be great! Recipes from everyone would be great! Thanks :lilangel:
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

rubywillow;491587 wrote: Just ordered a bunch of puzzles for my grandsons. It's so wonderful to watch them grow through their interests. I actually know what a Webkinz is now! That's what one granddaughter is into. Any suggestions for a 12-yr-old girl that won't shock me into dementia?
                              Ruby, what about a digital camera?
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

HOLIDAY DIARY

I sent snuggle blankets (to grand kids in Maui) with stars and moons and fairies, in purples and aquas. Now I am thinking (snuggle blankets in Maui ????) maybe I wasn't thinking.
                                Maybe they can use them as a Beach blanket???
                                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X