HERES MY SECRETS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HERES MY SECRETS

Here's my secrets ... of how I have made it so long AF .. I do what ever it takes to get where I want to be .. I have gone to AA meetings off and on for the past year and I have come to my way out website, Sober Recovery alcoholism & drug addiction site, also sober-circle and have read so many threads of different things and stories... and in everyone of these sites I have seen the same.. everyone looking for a sure thing...
    Well hello, wake up and smell the roses .. you can take all the 'stop drinking' things that are out there and still never quit drinking
    and I have heard the same from most people ... I don't know where to look or who to talk to or where do I start ..
    start by looking in the mirror ...do you really love or like what you see there and if you don't like it .. change get off your ass and do something ..don't wait for someone to hold your hand .. because in my case there was no one there ..
    but just maybe for you it might be different ..speak and ask questions don't throw it away before you read the fine print ..
    and truly all you have to do.. is look deep within yourself to find all the answers you ever needed ..
    I'm a simple man not book smart but street smart and hands on .. if I wanted anything in life I had to get it on my own .. I'm 41 and I have seen things, death, child abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism, everything and the kitchen sink.. the list goes on ..
    but where I'm at today is because first of me I want it .. I want to be sober not for anyone but me now ..
    and it doesn't take a magic pill or reading a book ..
    it all starts with you wanting it .. opening your heart and face those fears .. well done for now, next stage left, part three next time...
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

HERES MY SECRETS

Good Man Mr T
    Yep I agree although the tools are absoloutely a great help they have to be accompanied by total focus and sheer determination to wrestle your life back from out of the gutter (or preferably before you get there). I mean you could have every fancy gardening tool in the world but they dont go out there and do the gardening for you!
    BH

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

T -- that is truth you speak. It has to come from within and all the other things are just tools that will help in the journey. But all the tools in the world will not help you if you are not ready within side of yourself. You are a great example of success!

Thank you.
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

I totally agree with everything you say. It's one thing knowing you have to stop, but you really have to want it for it to work and to see it out.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

Yes, tlrgs, life is misery when I stop drinking for someone else....I just end up resenting them and drinking eventually anyway. I had to have the desire to stop, and I have to enjoy LIVING sober. I do today. I am active in AA and MWO, and that is huge. I also have self-respect and CHOICES. I choose not to drink and drug today, and I love the other choices that are open to me as a result. Like trlgs I have been "arond the block" I am a 40 year old woman, and have seen and experienced much pain. I make my amends to all I love whom I have hurt simply by staying sober - and being serene with it.
          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

I have to agree....the good Lord and everybody here knows I have tried every quick fix out there...spent plenty of money on it too. I do take topa..NOT because I think it is a magic pill...I DO NOT...I think it helps curve the craving, but the work still comes from within me.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

Tl,
              That is a great post. There really isn't anything to elaborate on.

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

good for you t and good to meet you in chat. I am glad you have made it to where you are. Keep going on forever.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

Hi T
                  Thanks for telling it like it is.This is a life or death problem we are either dealing with or fooling ourselves about.Look around you how many people have come and gone since you started.How many people are successful. Why aren't you?

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

You`re a special soul, tl.

I wholeheartedly agree with your thinking. Drugs, supps etc. are MERELY tools. A labourer is needed to make use of any tools. We all have that labourer deep within us. We also have nerves of steel and true grit.........THAT is what this takes.........becoming and remaining sober is there for the taking. Difficult???.............very much so, but NEVER impossible.

Let`s make 2009 our best year yet...........

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

tlrgs,

That's the honest truth! Face it, head-on and take action! :h
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

T, I agree that no matter what "Tools" we choose to help us to get and stay sober, there is no substitute for sheer determination and comittment. This is the #1 component of achieving our goals.

I am a reader, and yes, books, in particular MWO held some key tools for me and they too helped in my achieveing sobriety. I am also convinced that proper diet and supplements have also helped me a good deal. But, at the end of the day, without determination and comittment, I would still be drinking!

And yes, yes, Best......, we have to "Hit it Head On!" and take the needed "Action"!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

HERES MY SECRETS

T,

You've hit the nail on the head. I started MWO in Mar 2008, bought all the supps, the book, the CDs and did the program. Thought I had everything licked because I put some AF time in so I left the site and left working on me.

I've been back for a while now after nightly blackouts. I love this site and sharing with others. I take the supplements because they make me feel better physically and mentally. The CDs help to calm me. The difference this time is what you spoke of. I'm doing it for me. I'm sick and tired of feeling like crap for some shit in a bottle. I'm 47 years old. A few months ago I looked in the mirror, disgusted at myself, and just asked what was I waiting for? I knew then it was up to me. Period. Simple as that (and as hard as that).

Thanks for the truth and the reminder.
                          Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                          X