Army Thread Monday December 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahoy there all!! Reporting for duty on a rainy Monday (evening here 5.30pm) and sending out a cheery GOOD MORNING to all to come.

I have had a peaceful day. Did a lot of cleaning at home, felt and looks good. "Clearing away the debris of the past" LOL...

It reminds me, when I am in active addiction, I often drink for days on end, and I am generally a clean and house proud person. The place would resemble a pig-sty pretty quickly on a bender. ANyway, when I would make the decision to STOP again, I would nearly ALWAYS have this recurring "waking"dream (a lot of you probably know what I mean by that) where I was cleaning up the mess of my bender - only to wake up exhausted, and have to do it for real!!! NO MORE!!! For THAT among many things I am grateful. My Vea would often dam near tie me to the bed (NOT in a saucy way : ( !!! - and do a lot of the house work and cooking and cleaning, just to ensure I rested and he would uncover all my alcohol shashes while he was at it and tip them out!! Poor darling!

Anyway, enough dribbling ! Welcome to Monday, and the beginning of a delightful day for recovering soldiers - Happy, Joyous and Free.

*Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Hey Kap
    Done that a few times meself! Woke up looked at the scene of the crime and then retreated back to bed to dream that I was cleaning it up only to wake up later and realise it was still like that. I would eventually drag my sorry arse out of bed and trudge around half heartedly trying to get the place in shape (remove bottles, broken wine glasses and ciggy butts) before the kids got home from school!
    BH

Comment

Bizarre huh!? I put that down to anxiety. I have never suffered what a lot of our members know as 'clinical depression' thank God (of course I am terribly chemically depressed after a bender) however, ANXIEtY has always been huge obstacle for me. I have to say to myself lot and lots "IT IS NOT THAT BIG" and " HOW IMPORTANT IS IT" as I tend to get worked up over nothing....

Hey...I remember reading a quote in a magazine by Cher some years ago: "Some women get all worked up over nothing.......then they marry him" ....LOL

I off to an AA meeting shortly, shall check in later!
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hi ya Kap and BH
        I am high anxiety and go on cleaning benders whenever I am off of work.lol. My daughter always says, "Oh, here she goes. Miss OCD." lol. She would rather watch me and make fun of me while she smokes her weed than "help me". Anyhoo, home from another wild night at work. Man, shoot me before you put me in a Nursing Home will ya please. My beloved New England Patriots squeaked out a win in the last few minutes of the game, so I am a Happy Girl. I also don't have to go back to work until Tues.night at 11pm. I plan to get to two AA meetings.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Yep I can identify with that too. I have never been depressed as such but when I was binge drinking I was up like a rocket and then down like Apollo 13. Anxiety used to kill me for a few days after a binge. Now I take L-tryptophan, 5HTP twice a day and they sure work a treat for me. Hope you are alll doing okay today and surviving the cold!
          BH

Comment

I use Calm Forte. It works for me, but by the time I get a day off, the house gets pretty messy. My kids 20 and 22 are slobs and don't help me with much housework.

Comment

It is Freezing cold and very windy here. My hands are stinging from the cold, the heat indoors, and so much washing at work.

Comment

Hi Sea
                Sounds like you have a busy life these days. Euthenasia for me before I go into a nursing home I tell you. I used to go on brutal cleaning benders after a binge. Trying to make up for the loss of control in some way I guess. Now I am much more easy going about it as I have nothing to make up for or prove! I love cyclefan's moto - "my idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance"! Love it. I wonder are all us alkies OC inclined and that is in some way linked to AL abuse.
                BH

Comment

My kids are slobs too. I said to them today - why do so few have to tidy for so many! Every time I go into the bathroom I have to pick up towels and crap! Every time!
                  BH

Comment

All clothing "belongs" on the floor, don't ya know. lol. How old are your kids? Mine are "supposed" to be adults. They still act like teenagers.

Comment

Boy of 14 and girl of 17. My daughter is way worse than my son. I never go in to her room - unless all the towels are missing! Her Dad tidies her room every few days much to my disgust. I dont think she is even able to make a cup of tea! She not make good wife....
                      BH

Comment

My daughter (20) thinks she is a Princess, who will marry into wealth and not have to cook and clean.lol. I tried to teach her to cook. She would have none of it. Hopefully, she will grow out of this fantasy world.

Comment

God they must be related. When I say you cant even boil an egg my daughter says haughtily I will pay someone to do it! She is sure in for a shock when she gets out in the big wide world which could be any day now at the rate she is going! I also have an older son who is 29 who was also a complete slob as a teenager! He has his own place now as one would expect and it is spotless not a thing out of place anywhere. I think the thing is when it is not their own place they dont give a toss about it.
                          BH

Comment

Wow, that is Funny. They are in for a real shock. I have a son who is 28 and was also a huge slob, was also an athlete, so his room smelled like a locker room. Ewww....I wonder what his apartment looks like now.lol. I have not seen in yet. He lives a few states away. Oh, well, the Princess is here and wants to chat with me for a bit. I will be going to bed after that. I look forward to talking with you soon. Awesome!! I noticed how many AF days that you have. That is amazing. Rock on!!

Comment

Morning all, hope you're all well x

Comment

Working...
                              X