OMG...the worst gift given ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once got a pair of size 18 knickers from my auntie when she knew i'm a size 10!! They were lovely knicker, shame really!

Comment

Once when I was taking a woodworking class for fun, my ex-husband thought it would be a great idea to give me a hammer and a screwdriver as a Christmas gift.

We didn't speak for 4 days.

Comment

Marbella, that is actually a sweet story! Maybe grandpa knew but just couldn't tell.

We used to do family gift exchanges where we would draw names; well,one year my aunt got my husband's name. Not long after we got married; we had lived together for a long time and maybe had just biought our house. Anyway, the gift was a crowbar and a set of hearing headphones -- the kind you would use to protect your ears if you were doing loud, uhh , something -- I guess house projects. Hubby opened this gift (and the gift-giver was not there) and it ws kinda scary! Merry Christmas -- here's a crowbar!

Holly Jolly--

Comment

Thanks for this entertaining thread.
          IAD--I have a toaster on my Christmas list this year--maybe your wife will sell my hubby hers?

Several years ago my hubby gave me this gawd-awful flannel nightgown with a tight turtleneck. I don't know WTF he was thinking!

My mom had a good sense of humor. If you were at our house and got a present from santa, everyone got their camaras ready and look out! One year after I started working as a vet tech she gave me a "flea collar" she had made for me because I was always talking about all the creepy crawlies I encountered at work!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Oh gosh... I have to jump in on this one. Last month on my birthday, my sister who is a gardener and green thumb knows that I am polar opposite. Every plant I touch dies. Best soil, water daily... doesnt matter. If I look at it, it dies.

So she bought me some gardening gloves, a spade, a bag of potting soil and some "Paper White" bulbs that bloom by Christmas. As soon as I opened it, she said, "But let me take it home and plant the bulbs to be sure they sprout, then I will bring it right over". Well.... that was back in November! I think she bought herself a birthday gift for my birthday! LOL!
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

A couple of years ago, our totally hapless SIL was really wanting to learn to be as capable as the other men in our family at anything regarding cars, building, farming, etc., so Hubs gave him a chain saw, so when trees fell across their one lane mtn rd he could get them out. Next year, he wanted to build, so Hubs gave him a skill saw. Daughter said "Daddy, for crying out loud, he's only got 9 fingers now!! What are you trying to do???" SIL had lost his pinkie in a boating accident that summer. Also,WAY before desegregation in the Deep South, my grandmother gave me a black baby doll! Everyone laughed but me.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Red Neck Condos for sale ! ( Merry Christmas I bought one just for You..all ! Ha! IAD. )
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

one2many;491366 wrote: Ohhhh and I did get a pais of crotchless red lacey knickers from my mother one year, she thought the hole was for peeing from and thought it would be handy?????

No wonder I am disturbed....
                  oney...wtf. I think our mums must be sisters
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

you folks are funny,i think the funniest christmas is for me was when we went to my aunts and uncles for years, they favoured my sister cause he lost his only daughter but get this i kept gettin pajamies,tht is in canada somthing other then wearing yur under wear to bed,i must of had 10 pears and the funniest thing was how they grew over the years hahahha

Comment

small to large i dont think i ever wore them hahahha

Comment

I've had so many it's hard to pick one but at the end of the day it is the thought that counts!
                        My brother bought me a nice comb or so he thought but it was a nit comb, an ex boyfriend gave me a lovely watch but it had another girl's name on the inscription (wtf - he was a bit thick in fairness and the worst thing was that he had even spelt her name wrong and I gave out to him about that and not the fact that he was obviously two timing me!),my MIL always gives me clothes (always a dodgy gift I think to females unless you know them really well) and they are always at least two sizes too big and worst of all my mother always buys me wine and then comments on my drinking habits..the list goes on..
                        xx
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

It may be the thought that counts, but WTF are they thinking!?!?!?! Several years ago, while my momma's fam was still healthy, the aunts (there were 7 girls) began passing around a dead arrangement of flowers, as a joke, anytime someone had an event. No one could remember who had them last. It was hilarious. Then, since there were 32 first cousins, someone received a hideous tie, and it was passed on each occasion. Again, it was fun. Things have died out now, and I miss all the craziness! Oh! One year my Daddy's 'current sister-in-law (no longer, and he liked her) brought his gift into the formal living room of their home on Christmas Eve........It was a goat, with a red bow! Daddy loved that goat, but he was so loud and smelly, he had to put him on the island in the lake. Unfortunately, when my brother had a garden wedding in July, Bumper blatted out every time the minister asked for a response!!! Then, during the reception, he SWAM back to the bank, and joined the reception! God, we'll never forget Daddy in a suit (that was rare enough) dragging a wet billy goat away from the wedding cake. The gift that keeps on giving!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Funny, Ruby, that you mentioned those flowers that kept getting passed around...my mother would keep a plastic crab and put it under the tree for the one (of her kids/my siblings) that seemed to have been the "crabbiest" throughout the year. We never knew who was going to open up that crab, but it sure was funny when they did - unless it was me, of course!

Comment

Vertigo, please find me that crab for my sister!

Comment

C-
                                I'll see what I can do about that crab, but I'm guessing it's going to appear under the tree with my name on it this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X