what is a control Alcoholic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and is there such a thing? And can a control AL still get blackouts?

Is there anyone out there that is a control alcoholic?

(I have known to just have 1bottle of wine and come on here late in the evening and post and do not remember that i come on here. Did i drink myself until i blackout?)

just need some input on this... i have only heard someone say this to me a couple of years ago when they were being access for counselling he said that he was a control alcoholic..

look forward to your replies...

Take care

Love
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Must confess tear, i have never heard of one before. Its cert not me! Intereting to find out more though. For me, if you go to bed and dont remember how then that is blacking out.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I don't think there is such a thing as a control alcoholic if I am understanding you right. Alcoholic and control just do not go together. Even if you are drinking one bottle a night the fact that you are not remembering (blacking out) is enough to pose concern.

I have had many of mornings waking up and just feeling disgusted with myself that I coudln't remember the evening before. That is what I have always referred to as a black out. Time just plain old gone. Sad because life is so short.

Hope that helps
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I don't think a control alcoholic exists to be honest...
        I know the difference between a problem drinker and an alcoholic because I was a problem drinker who became an alcoholic. Took me 13 years. You either have a problem or you are an alcoholic.

However, he may be referring to binge drinking. That is a different story and yet still problematic. Someone who can go for weeks, months, maybe even years without alcohol can still binge to the point of a blackout or coma/alcohol poisoning. End up in the ER or dead.

Basically, there is no control. I hope this helps, honestly.
        It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

I am thinking you mean functioning alcoholic, which I think means you do your daily work and stuff but you still drink like a fish.

Not sure though,

Have a good one,

Sammys

Comment

I think sammy's right. I actually know a few lawyers like that. busy new York city guys and gals.

on the exterior they are under total control of everything in their life and are super sucessful.

they see no reason to quit or slow down. I have never seen them out of control falling down drunk either.

they also don't drink and drive.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Functioning Alcoholic is the term...........They manage to function in their day to day routine while intoxicated. They drink just enough to keep that buzz, yet not drunk enough to be be noticeable. But like everything else.....eventually you advance to the next level and then your caught. ( this is also called maintenance drinking.) IAD..
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

wow IAD. I am gonna keep an eye on these guys. they have been doing this for years. maybe they have some special vitamin they take. you figure after 10 or more years they would be showing signs right?
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

hi tear,there is such a thing as controlling yur AL consumption.alchoholic look it up,one who does tooo much,out of control, a mindless entity,its a matter of rebuilding what has fallin,if you drink to much you beet yurself up, if you dont drink you beet yurself up cause you wonder if you can,it is a tug of war,try saying nob4 the head starts spinning yur freind gyco

Comment

Working...
                  X